• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Reheating frozen steak

SmokingUPnorth

Smoking UPNorth
SMF Premier Member
Joined Dec 7, 2017
Quick question. I have a ribeye that was left over last weekend that I shrink wrapped and froze. Can anyone recommend the best way to reheat this sucker?

SmokinEdge

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 18, 2020
Bring water in a pot to boil, remove heat then submerge the package until heated through. No boil or simmer.

Fueling Around

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Dec 10, 2018
Why did you freeze?
Fresh meat will last a week without a freezer death that alters the texture.

TuckersBarbeque

Meat Mopper
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 29, 2020
I may get flogged for this... while I don't think I'd ever freeze a cooked steak, if I did and needed to reheat... I'd put it in the fridge for 24 hours, and then nuke it. There really is no saving it, and I don't have the patience to manage stove water without a sous vide.

SmokingUPnorth

Smoking UPNorth
SMF Premier Member
Joined Dec 7, 2017
Thanks guys. I froze it bc It was cooked it the night before I left town for a week! And didn’t want to pitch it. I do it a lot for omelettes so don’t really care about rehearing. but never had a whole steak left over

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.