Reheating 14lb turkey

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Ringer

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Sep 10, 2019
Chickamauga, GA
Hey all, I smoked a 14lb bird yesterday in preparation for today. The one detail I didn't really consider is the reheating part before dinner.

I used the search feature here but didn't find anything on whole birds.

I figured I'd use the oven since I need to crisp the skin anyway but I DO NOT want to dry it out. It is very moist.

What Temps would you guys use in the oven? Say 200 to bring up to 140-150 internal then blast it under the broiler to crisp? Could I go hotter and faster perhaps?

I also have the ceramic grill and mes30 as options

Last edited:
I'm not sure you'll be able to get the skin crispy again w/o drying out the bird. Unless you remove the skin, and crisp it up separately. Maybe someone has done it successfully. I've never tried to be honest. Let us know what you do and how it worked out.
Chris

I have never reheated a whole bird either. PM chef jimmyj chef jimmyj , he should be able to give you an answer.
Al

Have you missed this thread?

I ended up wrapping it in foil then popped in the oven on 300 for an hour and 15 minutes. This got it up to 110. I broiled it for 8 minutes and the skin rendered out and crisped up. It was moist as ever. Not alot left though.

Attachments

• 20211125_162430.jpg
    20211125_162430.jpg
    231.9 KB · Views: 8
Reactions: Brokenhandle
Have you missed this thread?

Yes I did, thank-you!
Al

Reactions: 1MoreFord
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky