Ref; Favourite BBQs!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Doing a pork butt overnight tonight with a South Carolina mustard rub I got at Fleet Farm <It was on sale, I have horrible will power> and I plan to bash together a spicy mustard based BBQ sauce to add to it before freezing it in bags tommorrow.

If you got a solid spicy BBQ sauce that is on the thick side, toss it up :)

Homemade, I use Jeff's recipe. Otherwise it's Shed's Southern Sweet for the lady and Bullseye original for me. I grew up with a sauce made by Reeses and B&B baked beans in a jar.

Mike

I actually prefer dark rum to spiced, though I'll need to grab some dark rum <I always keep rum on hand for rum cakes>.

I'll make a note the next time I make a run to the town over to stop at Penzys spices and get some good quality powdered stuff :)

I have been using my own sauce for years, haven't found one better in the store & I think I've tried just about every sauce out there. PM me & I'll send you the recipe. You may not like it though, cause it is not sweet, it has a tang to it.
Al

I've made schlotz's rum recipe and I did a taste test with my kids on a couple racks of SLR's and they liked the rum recipe better than SBR. I really enjoy it and...it gives me a reason to buy more Meyers.

And yes, Al...lets see your recipe please.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky