Red Stag anyone

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

poacherjoe

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Nov 7, 2019
Central Ca
I was recently given about 60 pounds of Red Stag. My buddy's Wife won't cook it for him so he gave it all to me so I am going to make a batch of Trail Bologna first to see how turns out . Anyone here ever use this meat ?

Depending on the cut, I'd have a hard time making bologna out of it. It would be table fare as indaswamp indaswamp suggested...
I am saving all the loin and the rest is roasts . He shot it last year and we are going elk hunting next week so I want to use up the old meat because I am banking that we kill elk and I have deer from this season in the freezer.

I'd have no problem making sausage from any of it .
I used to make jerky out of the back straps for my deer harvest . My buddies would rag on me . I take my harvest very serious , and use it myself in the way I like it . Best jerky ever .

Never had it but think I want to become friends with your buddy as well! Free meat...heck yes!

Ryan

Reactions: poacherjoe
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky