Red Buds

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dacdots

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 3, 2005
Ripley WV
We planted ten Red Bud trees today I received from the Arbor Day Society.Red Buds grow wild here in WVa but I like planting them myself so I can care for them which will make a nicer,healthier tree.I get ten trees from them every year.There not all Red Buds,I have many different type of ornamental trees Ive got from them.As of today we have maybe 30 of these trees out.The biggest one,which is about five years old,has grown to about 15 feet and flowered this year.Ill keep planting them every year till Im to old to get out and do it myself then Ill get grandchildren to plant them for me.It never occured to me that theres no catogory in the gardening section for trees so I put it here.

Nice way to give a little back!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
Sounds like u have a very nice piece of property

Hey Bubba,yes we have five acers here and we are always working to make it better.One thing I really like about the property is its only two miles from town on a paved road but you would think you were 20 miles out in the country.Theres not much out here but cattle,sheep,goats,horses,and lots of wild game.We all love it,even the critters.

Great to give back to the land dacdots....sounds like a nice place ....can't replace wildlife being around you ,it's great

That settles it I'm going to WV!
PDT_Armataz_01_29.gif

I plant a lot of fruit trees - If I'm goig work it I'm gonna eat it! The yards to small to have it any other way!

I love the red buds. They grow wild here in Southern Missouri too. The forest is so beautiful in the spring when the red buds, wild plum and dogwoods are in full bloom. It is claimed that Missouri is home to more wild flowering trees and wild flowers that anywhere in the world. I don't know if that's true, but it sure is lovely here. Hopefully the late season frost didn't ruin the red buds. We were out this morning and found ONE green leaf on the entire red bud tree that we planted in our front yard. It's about 6 years old.

Come on down Debi,Ill give you the grand tour,you would love it here.I also have lots of fruit trees as well as about anything else you can plant fruit related.

David -

One of these days! I would love to see you smoke bacon or make sausage. Your so good a it. Someday I may be half as good! WV is one of the few states I've never been to Although John Denver got me really curious about it. Just don't have relatives there so never had a reason to go.

I have a really tiny yard .27 acreas and I have 11 dwarf fruit trees, grapes, blueberries, strawberries and a 12 raised bed vegetable garden (a few roses and daffadils which are my favorite flowers). So much stuff in such a small space I have to cut the grass with a weed wacker!

I do want to move further south when I retire - somewhere with fewer taxes than CT!

I don't have any Red Buds but my Apricot tree is beautiful right now with pretty white and pink flowers - Hope we don't get a frost!

I LOVE SPRING!
icon_lol.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky