RecTeq fast auger for 700*F

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Inscrutable

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Apr 4, 2019
NC
So when the 1250 came out, it was the only one in the line (340/590/700) that said capable of 700*F, while all the others said 500*F top end. Now their website specs a top end of 700*F for all of them. Have they outfitted their whole line with the higher speed augers and can really get that hot? Now we’re talking pizza territory, and would be really tempting as I’ve been ogling a pizza oven, but could put that $ toward more of an all-in-one device.

I know very little about pellet poopers. But I did just buy the RT 1250. And all I can say is, it is quite a unit. I have only done about 10 cooks on it, but so far I’m quite impressed. Have only done one steak on it with the sear grates & it turned out very good. I’m going to have to do a pizza on it next & see where the temp tops out at. I have a dedicated wood fired kettle pizza setup, but would like to sell that too if the 1250 makes good pizza.
Al

Won’t get to 900* like the Ooni but if it gets close to the published claim of 700* I’m thinking that’s close enough and probably hotter than I can get in any of my other devices. Really interested if the smaller 590 will be able to do that also. I should give them a call about it.

Yes it will hit 700ish degrees.....that is smoking hot. I do pizza in my 1250 often....if you want super hot GMG makes a pizza insert that gets the Neapolitan hot but not sure it will fit on the RT..... the new 1050 (full stainless 590) has the new 3 rpm auger so I bet you are right....they have moved over.

Be sure to ask if they have also moved over to the porcelain cast deflector for them all as well? The other big improvement is the dual band WiFi controller on the 1250

Be sure to ask if they have also moved over to the porcelain cast deflector for them all as well? The other big improvement is the dual band WiFi controller on the 1250
Was on their forum, and looks like some have recently gotten them and they do have the cast deflector (and new firmware, think someone who just swapped in the 3rpm auger was having trouble holding the low temps).
A post from RT said standard in 1250 and 590 right now, and intent is to put in their whole range, sounded like not enough stock to do so immediately.

Was on their forum, and looks like some have recently gotten them and they do have the cast deflector (and new firmware, think someone who just swapped in the 3rpm auger was having trouble holding the low temps).
A post from RT said standard in 1250 and 590 right now, and intent is to put in their whole range, sounded like not enough stock to do so immediately.
Am my 1250 hold low temp no problemo....I thing you need the new firmware to run the 3rpm because the rate needs to be slower for lower temp to account for the .5 more rpm.

I know the 1250 is dialed in so I’m sure they saw the benefits to upgrade them all.

All the RecTeq grills do have the faster auger now....even the 700's though for awhile, the 700's didn't have it when the 1250 came out. I was able to call RecTeq and buy the faster auger. I just haven't made the time to install on my 700. You just have to lower the feed rate to get down to 180.

One of the mains reasons I wanted it is for getting up to temp faster when say doing chicken. If I'm smoking chicken around 250 and want to crisp up at 375 to 425, it takes awhile with the stock auger of the 700 whereas with the faster auger, it goes up in minutes from what I hear.

All the RecTeq grills do have the faster auger now....even the 700's though for awhile, the 700's didn't have it when the 1250 came out. I was able to call RecTeq and buy the faster auger. I just haven't made the time to install on my 700. You just have to lower the feed rate to get down to 180.

One of the mains reasons I wanted it is for getting up to temp faster when say doing chicken. If I'm smoking chicken around 250 and want to crisp up at 375 to 425, it takes awhile with the stock auger of the 700 whereas with the faster auger, it goes up in minutes from what I hear.

I just bought a 1250 a couple of months ago, and I can attest to the fact that it will get to 700 in a very short time. However when you shut it down, lower the temp back down to 250 or so for a few minutes, then turn it off. I didn’t do that the first time & had a bit of a fire in the auger tube. I found out that I shouldn’t have opened the lid to get it to cool down. The increased air got the pellets burning again. I will say that it runs at 225 with some good TBS, and that is where I run it most of the time. For the high heat stuff I use the Genesis.
Al

I have a dedicated wood fired kettle pizza setup, but would like to sell that too if the 1250 makes good pizza.
Al
If and when I get back to work, I might be interested in this..

Back to the topic.. I was just trolling around pellet grill threads. I don't have one but I'm seeing trends in brands / quality / capabilities, etc..

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky