Recipe Development - Pickle Pops

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I like you style! we have been trying to perfect the fried pickle - most are too salty... these look like fun! might need to try a few with the next cook

Well, these are salty but I don't think they are too bad. I liked them.

I'm waiting to see the final winner on this one, Disco. Friends of mine were raving about smoked bacon wrapped dill pickles, so I made a bunch. As far as I was concerned, they were a "why bother". So just gonna see what you come up with.
Gary

The pickle just wrapped in bacon was kind of boring. I will post my further efforts. Thanks!

Starting to worry about you disco🤣 but they do look good

No need to worry. There is nothing wrong... nothing wrong... nothi....................

Reactions: smokerjim
Disco, you have been on fire lately. Nice job.

Well, I was not smoking for a while and am really enjoying getting back to it. Thanks!

Awesome Disco!!
Your Twisted Mind is Making Me Hungry!!
Nice Job & Great Report.
Like.

Bear

Thanks, Bear. I'm glad my ravings are appreciated!

Love pickles any way you make them, and those sure look good!
Al

I'm with you on the pickles, Al! Thanks!

Ok Disco, it's your fault - from one off center chef to another. You got me concentrating on pickles?! AGGGGGG!

Maybe had one too many.... ok, 4 Irish Oatmeal Stouts this afternoon at my favorite brew pub and ordered the " new fried pickles."

Never saw pickles sliced like this - spear sliced lengthwise , breaded and fried. Served with ranch dressing. This might be a way for you to plate your picke poppers!? Imagine the possibilities and variations?!

Concept - Prep the slices as desired, slice spears into strips, bread in corn meal, and air fry or deep fry. 🍻🍻
John

Attachments

• Pickle basket plain.jpg
    Pickle basket plain.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 5
  • Pickle with and without breading.jpg
    Pickle with and without breading.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: DRKsmoking
Ok Disco, it's your fault - from one off center chef to another. You got me concentrating on pickles?! AGGGGGG!

Maybe had one too many.... ok, 4 Irish Oatmeal Stouts this afternoon at my favorite brew pub and ordered the " new fried pickles."

Never saw pickles sliced like this - spear sliced lengthwise , breaded and fried. Served with ranch dressing. This might be a way for you to plate your picke poppers!? Imagine the possibilities and variations?!

Concept - Prep the slices as desired, slice spears into strips, bread in corn meal, and air fry or deep fry. 🍻🍻
John
Har! Great ideas!

Reactions: Wurstmeister
I understand one of the worst part of home pickling is having to store them. I would be happy to help you store some of those. You can trust me.
Ha Ha , yes storing them is a problem here as i have to find a good hiding place as Mona has a hard time saying no to her family when they say they ran out of the last bottles we gave them, so she hands over more.
Awwww i am sure i could hide them at your place , , nice of you to offer.

I think i am going to try mustard pickle spears , than your bacon wrap and crust

David

ps: maybe a light mustard dipping sauce also

Ha Ha , yes storing them is a problem here as i have to find a good hiding place as Mona has a hard time saying no to her family when they say they ran out of the last bottles we gave them, so she hands over more.
Awwww i am sure i could hide them at your place , , nice of you to offer.

I think i am going to try mustard pickle spears , than your bacon wrap and crust

David

ps: maybe a light mustard dipping sauce also
I hear you on the hiding place problem. I have relatives in Edmonton that I visit. When I come through the door they don't say "Hi" they say "Where's the bacon?"

I really hope you do a post on the Mustard Pickle version and dipping sauce. Sounds like it would be delicious!

post on the Mustard Pickle version and dipping sauce.
sounds like a plan to me also. I might have time in a couple weeks to make a batch of Mustard pickles. Than yes i will post the " big pickle pop post "
thanks for the ideas, this weekend , ( Holiday weekend )I might be able to steal a few hours for myself, probably just a meatloaf or a fatty

Thanks Disco for the great ideas and tutorials

David

Your Bacon Wrapped Pickles sound tasty. These Southern Kool Aid Pickles? That will take some convincing.😆. Seriously, who was Smokin' what when they were eatin' Pickles and Drinking Kool Aid and the thought hit! " Hmmm. I bet if..."..JJ

Nice thread disco, I like to experiment too! Though my efforts usually don’t end up as nice as yours!

Your Bacon Wrapped Pickles sound tasty. These Southern Kool Aid Pickles? That will take some convincing.😆. Seriously, who was Smokin' what when they were eatin' Pickles and Drinking Kool Aid and the thought hit! " Hmmm. I bet if..."..JJ

Definitely a new one on me. What's next, a grape soda martini?

Nice thread disco, I like to experiment too! Though my efforts usually don’t end up as nice as yours!

Har! Liar! I've seen some great results in your posts, Justin!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky