Rec Tec Auger Jammed, need help

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I would still be concerned with how the pellets got wet? Any chance the day of the cook, it rained and got the pellets wet?
Not to my knowledge. so thats the puzzling part, that's what Rec Tec was also concerned about. I don't know if the grill itself was defective because i only got to use it once.

That's what I am wondering. It seems there's a lesson for all of us to learn here. I hope he can figure out what actually happened.
I'm going to keep in contact with the Tech i spoke with when i send the old grill back to them to see if they can diagnose

My friend who has the bull says somehow there had to be actual water that got in there especially since he was using the high quality rec tec pellets.
I agree, but I'm baffled as to how. i cooked in it. let it cool. cleaned and covered it and put it in the garage. but maybe something dripped in. either way it was the worst jam they had heard of, and i literally tried everything to get it unstuck.

Hey everyone thanks for all your help on this. To finally close the loop, we spoke with Rec Tec again yesterday and they just want me to get back grilling, no more fiddling around with it, so they are sending me a new grill entirely. I had always heard about how great Rec Tec customer service is and they have lived up to everything i read. Looking to be back on the smoke soon!

Small wonder why Rec Tec’s customer base raves about their customer service.

Glad to hear that it’s going to work out for you Mtorell.

But as a Stampede owner myself, I’m curious to know what caused the issue to begin with too.

Wow! They sent you a brand new grill, holy s**t that’s amazing.

I’ve been kicking the tires on buying a pellet grill, so here’s a stupid question while it’s fresh in my head.

Is it easy to remove unused pellets from the grill? I keep my smokers in the basement when not in use, so I would like the ability to store the grill empty and seal up the pellets.

The RecTec PB700 does not have an easy way to dump / change out pellets. In Jeff's comparison of a couple grills, that was one of his few "wish it had"s for the 700.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky