Re-heating pulled pork

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

greg1

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Apr 18, 2014
Got a question for everyone out there. I have 60 lbs of butts to smoke on Wednesday for a pulled pork lunch on Thursday, I also have 25 lbs of butts to smoke for a party on Saturday afternoon. I have room on the smoker to do it all at once, my question is can I do the 25lbs for Saturday then and put it in a slow cooker in the bottom of my fridge till Saturday morning and re-heat it or will it lose to much flavor and not be fresh enough? I appreciate any and all thoughts and comments.

When there is left over PP, It gets bagged, ( we vac seal, use to ziploc it) and frozen. Then when ready use a pot of hot water to warm up and bring to temp. dress / sauce/ bowl/ plate to serve. Slow cooker will work great as well. Save the juice / drippings ( if there is any) it was cooked in to add to crock pots. 60 lbs is a lot of meat.

Last edited:
Yes it will reheat very well in a slow cooker.
Just save some of the drippings & add it in with the PP when reheating.
Al

PP reheats very well compared to some other smoked goodies. Have done it many times. As mentioned, either bagging and reheating in a water bath or in a slow cooker both work well.

Hope your lunch and party turn out well.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky