Raw peanuts, WTF to do with them...lol

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

clifish

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
May 25, 2019
Long Island, NY
OK, so laugh at us northerners. A friend ordered another friend 7.5 lbs of unshelled peanuts for a holiday gift. They tasted it and thought they were horrible. So he called and said these nuts were bad and they sent another 7.5lb bag....they said they were horrible as well.

I show up and they have me try one from each bag....bland. I tell them they taste (at least what I think, never having them) that they are raw peanuts. Blank stares at my way "WTF" is that?

They are ready to dump 15lbs of these on the lawn for the wildlife... I know there is something more we can do?

Boiled, roasted...let me know? point me to threads, recipes anything....TY

If they are truly raw, I would boil them. Nothing like boiled peanuts. I boil mine with salt, old bay seasoning, Tony C's, etc. Low boil for a few hours, and keep tasting, until you like them. I like mine a little mushy.
Bag says Raw...please elaborate on the time and recipe? I am a New Yorker and no idea...lol

clifish clifish what you have is raw peanuts. This is what I do with them and it delicious

clifish clifish what you have is raw peanuts. This is what I do with them and it delicious

oh boy need to order some ingredients for sure...thanks

I'm a northerner as well! Tried those recipes...feed em to the wildlife! No disrespect meant! But I'll make a deal with TNJAKE TNJAKE I'll eat his peanuts when he eats my ground round lol!

Ryan

• Wow
Reactions: TNJAKE
Try the boiled peanuts on a small scale to start; they're not for everyone. My wife wanted to try them from a roadside stand in Georgia on a drive back from Florida a few years back. She got a few pounds in different flavors. We ended up dumping them all at the next rest stop, just couldn't get past the texture, and didn't care for the flavors.

Admittedly, we're northerners, and I know these are big in the south, but we just hadn't acquired the taste.

I love roasted peanuts.

Is that supposed to be some sort of secret code? :emoji_astonished:
Not so secret! As S Smoke-Chem BBQ stated not all things southerners really like are liked by northerners! Just as Jake can't stand the thought of eating ground round. But in our little town I had to put an order in for ground round...he had many pounds to grind for new years! Been that popular for years around here.

Ryan

Reactions: DougE
Not so secret! As S Smoke-Chem BBQ stated not all things southerners really like are liked by northerners! Just as Jake can't stand the thought of eating ground round. But in our little town I had to put an order in for ground round...he had many pounds to grind for new years! Been that popular for years around here.

Ryan
Just giving ya a hard time, but the way it was worded ........... well, lol. Course my mind stays in or near the gutter.

• Haha
Reactions: JLeonard
Now what was this thread about? Oh yeah, what to do with raw peanuts. Carry on.

Boiled is always an option! My sister had (not sure if she still does) a big blue macaw and an african grey and they loved raw peanuts so if you know anyone with birds I'm sure they'll take some.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky