Rainy day soup

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

buzzy

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 11, 2007
Cumberland Co. PA
With the weather being rainy with storm coming thought we’d make a big pot of chicken corn soup. Corn from the garden & chickens from the barn makes for a bangin soup. Decided to can some to save freezer space.
6ED50A71-34E4-4905-9A1B-3297B5C88B10.jpeg
Jars after the pressure canning.
A28DD25F-7B6E-4E74-9872-573773573A4D.jpeg
Saved some for supper.
3230E2F7-8C9A-468F-8107-10AB0D3C7497.jpeg
Thanks for looking

That's gotta be good! Especially with home raised chickens and corn! And even better with your weather.

Ryan

Recipe? Where's the recipe?
Sorry can't help out with a recipe because the wife makes it without one. Best I can do is give a little insight. She roasts a whole chicken. A good size roaster. Then lets it cool down to pick off meat. Puts that in big stock pot with 3 gallon bags of corn thawed & drained corn. Adds broth from roaster. She freezes broth from other times she cooks chicken an adds that as needed. (thawed) Brings to a boil then simmers for a while. Add salt & pepper to taste. Not sure how long. Maybe 2 hours. Then brings back to a boil to add rivals. Done & ready to eat. Wish I could give more detailed recipe. Hope this helps.

Reactions: 1MoreFord
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky