• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Rainy Day Ribs

alelover

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 9, 2010
Thought I'd do some Q for mom-in-laws visit. It her birthday today. So yesterday I did some ribs and chicken and a chunk of fatty point brisket I had left after cutting it up for pastrami next weekend. Ribs were BOGO at the Teeter so I got 2. Ones for later.

Thawed them out and rubbed em down. First I removed the skin from underneath. What do they call that? Fromundaskin?

Here's the rub. Pretty mild. We're not big on spicy hot here.

Ran out of brown sugar so I made me some. Half cup cane sugar and half teaspoon molasses mixed real good.

Rubbed the ribs and put them away for the night.

Sunday morning we spark up the pit and commence to rubbin my chicken. Simple rub. S & P, Cavender's, onion and garlic powder.

We got temperature and thin blue smoke.

After an hour we're looking pretty good.

We have ribs. 5.5 hours at 225 and no foil wrap.

And Yardbird too. Nope not Page, Clapton or Beck.

Looks like supper's ready.

Brisket is still smoking in case you're wondering. We'll have it another day.

The aftermath. They were yummy. Fell off the bone with a little tug. Very tender. Not mushy.

Thanks for watching.

Last edited:

cowgirl

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 2, 2007
Mmmmmmm........ Doesn't get any better than that!!  Looks excellent!  Belated Happy Birthday to your MIL.

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
That Sure looks Awesome !!!

Thanks for the views!

Bear

mballi3011

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 12, 2009

Now your food looks awesome and I'm sure that your MIL enjoyed it too. I have that same plate of bones when I do chicken or ribs around here too. Sometimes a little bit cleaner after my wife licks her plate.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009

rw willy

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 7, 2008
Nice!  You got the whole barnyard on that smoke, didn't you?

Fantastic.

alelover

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 9, 2010
Thanks all. I also threw some almonds in there too after I took the ribs and chicken off. No sense wasting good smoke.

chef willie

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Dec 31, 2010
nice job...I'm sure it was appreciated. Like the stack mod, the truss job on the bird and sweet work on that rib membrane...

virginiasmokesignal

Meat Mopper
Joined May 21, 2009
Alelover, that looks like a great meal, if the MIL did not like it she needs to see a psychiatrist!  The ribs and chicken look great!, we are not a big spicy bunch either but like a good rub that enhances the meat flavor.  Keep up the good work!

Your SMF Friend,

Barry 

dtcunni

Meat Mopper
Joined Dec 1, 2010
Nice pics of everything! Hope it was all as good as it looked!:grilling_smilie:

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.