Quick Treat - Bacon Wrapped Petite Medallions

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

civilsmoker

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 27, 2015
Idaho
Picked these up the same day as the Wagyu petites to try out..... the idea of a longer fridge life meat was intriguing!
C80B132F-23F6-4B27-8C67-D9B920CF22B0.jpeg

CB5A4735-F5F6-4B2F-B403-DEA8E279F666.jpeg

so the quick part of this treat 20 min start to finish......it started by firing up the new Weber Gen sear zone on high.....next tossed some kinder’s on the medallions
0A88BFE5-6DB5-4651-8BC2-F0C1312CC940.jpeg

after 8 mins pre-warming the little tasty treats went on for 4 mins a side......holy smokes the new Weber Gen gets HOT!
22431579-C49E-4122-8D7B-85672F8CDA09.jpeg

I used the “veggie” marked side of the grate and actually like it a lot better than the other thicker meat marked side.....nice sear lines.....

the last two mins were spent on the top rack just roasting to perfect doneness...
490CE3B4-81B5-4188-B397-3999269446D2.jpeg

I am going to experiment more with single side sear then roast but so far I’m loving it....

Pulled to rest and assemble the plate.....
641F9BCE-C72A-4F92-8A1B-6E5B45C3AB9A.jpeg

Quickly made up a small plate of my wife’s golden balsamic berry salad......
3EA4263E-AF7E-41C4-B3A5-D283962F3498.jpeg

then put the petite plate together with some pan seared corn....bingo 20min start to finish....
03472447-2E81-49CB-A1E5-D0E384EEC2F4.jpeg

Nothing but petite money $$$$!
D5A205CE-5609-4992-B6B3-F5B80992D98F.jpeg

this money is brings nothing but smiles......Oh and LOVE for the new grill!!!

PS.....it too long to type this post up on my phone than to cook this lunch....lol

Last edited:
Wicked good looking meal Civil. That money shot has me drooling.

Point for sure
Chris

Wow! Perfectly cooked! The plate shot is something special! Awesome cook! Points for sure!

Nice ! Great lookin meal .
I've been buying them at GFS . So many ways to use them .

Man another outstanding meal by you. The color of that beef is just perfect. Amazed at the quality and prices of beef you get up there. You and tx smoker tx smoker always putting out the most amazing beef dishes. Big LIKE!

Yeah buddy! Those look So good! You are killing me. My love for beef is not totally shared with my better half. Haven’t had a steak since the broken ankle…I’m dying inside.

Thanks for sharing so I can live vicariously through others steaks.

That steak is done to perfection!
And the combo of corn & steak is a winner!
Love the salad too!
Al

Maybe simple and quick but that cook is perfect civil ! Love to have a taste !!

Keith
Thanks Keith! It was eaten about as fast as it took to make for sure!

Wow! Perfectly cooked! The plate shot is something special! Awesome cook! Points for sure!
Many thanks jw! I have to say it was hard to keep my composure long enough to take a pic!

Looking good
Thanks negolien!

Looking great from Mississippi!
Jim
Much appreciation Jim!

Nice ! Great lookin meal .
I've been buying them at GFS . So many ways to use them .
Thanks chop! Use to eat lots of petites in the early family days....it seems we are coming back to them as well!

Man another outstanding meal by you. The color of that beef is just perfect. Amazed at the quality and prices of beef you get up there. You and tx smoker tx smoker always putting out the most amazing beef dishes. Big LIKE!
Much appreciation Smokin! It really helps being the heart of beef country. Agri Beef (SRF, RR, and a couple other lines) was founded here (a few miles west of my house) and in 1998 won the Cattle Business of the Century Award so that helps! Also despite what people know of Idaho, Idaho beef is a higher % of Idaho exports than spuds and both are WAY behind semi conductor stuff.....

Delicious looking meal!

I’m definitely jealous of those beef prices!
Many thanks XR! I'm really happy we have great options here! I've been seeing prices other places and feeling really bad!

Yeah buddy! Those look So good! You are killing me. My love for beef is not totally shared with my better half. Haven’t had a steak since the broken ankle…I’m dying inside.

Thanks for sharing so I can live vicariously through others steaks.
Thanks, I wish I could bring you a plate, I would be a little beangry with the lack of red beef! The real question do you miss the snow or beef the most?

Looks Awesome Civil !!
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear
Thanks Bear!

Perfectly cooked beef, Like!
Many thanks colin!

That steak is done to perfection!
And the combo of corn & steak is a winner!
Love the salad too!
Al
Much appreciated Al! This combination has become a favorite in our house hold as well, just simple and hits the spot!

Looks excellant!
Thanks smokerjim!

They're still mooing. Pefect!
Nicely done.
Thanks Warren, smack it with some heat and drop it on the plate!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky