Quick Simple Pork loin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

disco

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Oct 31, 2012
Canadian Rockies
Spring is a crazy time for me. I golf 3 times a week. We have an acreage so there is a lot of work planting and getting the property in shape. This year I have added a monthly TV show on community TV to my to list. Then there is the Gyro club and Toastmasters. Busy!

So, when She Who Must Be Obeyed pointed to a piece of pork loin for dinner, I was not in the mood for anything fancy. This post is a reminder that smoking makes great food even when you just use the smoke for flavour.

I rubbed the pork loin down with Louisiana Grills Tennessee Butter rub.

I preheated my smoker to 250 F with hickory pellets.

I put the loin on with my Blue Therm Duo hooked up.

The alarm went off when the internal temperature was 150 F.

The finished product.

The Verdict

This was tasty, moist, had a nice smoke kiss with a smoke ring. It was delicious. Remember, sometimes smoke is all you need.

Disco

Last edited:
Nice looking hunk of pork! Sorry to hear your so busy with the golf and all...

I totally agree with you on the pork loin.

We do a similar cook on ours. Only difference is I like to smoke mine in a pan with some broth.

Of course yours looks fantastic as usual!

Point!

Al

Sometimes the simple things in life are very enjoyable, and that loin is proof of that!
Thanks, Cranky! Lazy is OK too!

I totally agree with you on the pork loin.

We do a similar cook on ours. Only difference is I like to smoke mine in a pan with some broth.

Of course yours looks fantastic as usual!

Point!

Al
I use some stock if I want gravy but I was even too lazy for that this time. Thanks for the point!

Great minds think alike.

I am doing a easy pork loin roast tonight.

Nice,  Looks Plenty Tasty  I could stand a few slices 
drool.gif

points1.png

Gary

Looks great Disco, Simple easy and delicious...... and a point for bringing it back to basics, 

Last edited:

Fortunately, She Who Must Be Obeyed is OK with simple!
D,Awesome looking pork and you are right about wives being OK w/simple. That is why my marriage has lasted so long,she knows I'm simple !
icon_smile.gif

Sometimes we forget how good simple bbq can be. A lot of times we go overboard trying to perfect a rub or a sauce when all it takes is some simple prep to make a great meal.

Simple?---Yes.
icon14.gif

Mighty Tasty?---Definitely!!!
drool.gif
---
points.gif

Bear

Looks great Disco, Simple easy and delicious...... and a point for bringing it back to basics, 

D,Awesome looking pork and you are right about wives being OK w/simple. That is why my marriage has lasted so long,she knows I'm simple !
icon_smile.gif
Sometimes we forget how good simple bbq can be. A lot of times we go overboard trying to perfect a rub or a sauce when all it takes is some simple prep to make a great meal.
Thanks, guys!

Glad you posted this Disco. I've been busy reading all these posts about the fantastic meals people have been smoking. Fantastic but busy busy 2 day affairs.

Miss Linda asked what I was cooking for supper Sunday (when I'm not working and she is, cooking is my department). I told her it would be pork tenderloin--plain and simple tenderloin.

Tonight i trimmed it up and it's marinating in a store bought marinade. Tomorrow it gets bathed in pecan and hickory.

Plain and simple is GOOD.

POINTS for simple.

Gary

Glad you posted this Disco. I've been busy reading all these posts about the fantastic meals people have been smoking. Fantastic but busy busy 2 day affairs.

Miss Linda asked what I was cooking for supper Sunday (when I'm not working and she is, cooking is my department). I told her it would be pork tenderloin--plain and simple tenderloin.

Tonight i trimmed it up and it's marinating in a store bought marinade. Tomorrow it gets bathed in pecan and hickory.

Plain and simple is GOOD.

POINTS for simple.

Gary
Thanks, Gary. I'm with you. sometimes you just need to eat!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky