Quick Question and answer please.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

beuler

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Nov 25, 2013
North Dakota
Last night i prepared meat with Hi Mountain Jerky Kit and it is suppose to be -12 below tonight....can i save it for a few days or 5 ( weekend) without it turning bad? 5#'s in the fridge in a zip loc baggie.  Will it be to strong, spoiled, etc....? Ty

Joe

Its supposed to cure for several days not just overnight in most cases. What kind of meat are you curing?

Last edited:
Its some kinda beef, of course..i bought it a while ago....it says to refrigerate for 24 hours, so I called Hi Mountain, and they said it will be fine, just a little saltier..Joe

Beuler. The same thing happened to me over Thanksgiving. My jerky sat in the Ziploc for 5 days. Some of my friends and family said it was the best teriyaki jerky they have ever had. 

I personally thought it was to strong. I should have either rinsed the meat off before smoking or added some water to the mix.

Reactions: beuler
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky