• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Quick Q veiw

spec

Meat Mopper
Joined Oct 1, 2010
I don't know if this is the right place to put this

But here goes

I make and sell about 500 pounds of jerky per yer...Soon to hopefully be over a thousand for 2011

New Kitchen and a Bar & grill as a sales starting point

A couple of weeks ago I had a huge set of orders...Over 50# of Jerky and stix

I'm Making a batch of Rosemary's baby jerky today,as a special favor to my logo designer

spec

Meat Mopper
Joined Oct 1, 2010
Each of those bags in the bottom picture is 1 pound, Here's a couple of pix of the Rosemary's baby mix

As soon as I find my camera

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Looks real good Spec!

Thanks for showing,

Bear

spec

Meat Mopper
Joined Oct 1, 2010
Found it

Here's the Rosemary 1 st  step marinade, next will be the spice wash

spec

Meat Mopper
Joined Oct 1, 2010
I'm almost ready to grind the peppers for the spice wash, I always grind my peppers fresh for Rosemary's baby and  B.B.H.O Jerky

The spice wash consists ot fresh ground dehydrated peppers and some of my rosemary's baby Bloody mary mix...More when It's ready

spec

Meat Mopper
Joined Oct 1, 2010
Thanks Bear

I was looking over some of you recipes and I'll have to try some

I've been working on some beef stix  mixes, Your right on the non cased and better smoke flavor

spec

Meat Mopper
Joined Oct 1, 2010
heres a couple of pix, before and after the wash

The wash  is straight rosemay's baby Bloody Mary mix with added fresh ground peppers and celeryseed, spashed over the strips

nakom

Fire Starter
Joined Oct 7, 2010
looks good, I cant imagine making 1000lbs of jerky and not eating it all myself!  lol

marknb

Meat Mopper
Joined Feb 5, 2009
Hi Spec, nice looking meat stix too!  Is that a smoker or a dehydrator you're loading them into? Are the walls of the unit glass or metal ( I think metal, but from the pic I can't be sure)? Nice # of racks in that thing at any rate.

mballi3011

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 12, 2009

Now there's some good looking jerkey and snack sticks and I know.

spec

Meat Mopper
Joined Oct 1, 2010
Hi Spec, nice looking meat stix too!  Is that a smoker or a dehydrator you're loading them into? Are the walls of the unit glass or metal ( I think metal, but from the pic I can't be sure)? Nice # of racks in that thing at any rate.
Thanks,

It's my dehydrator, I smoke in a seperate unit,

The walls are stinless steel,

Ya it has some serious capacity...More than I care to cut and marinade in a day

I forgot to finish the Q-veiw
Jerky warm out of the dehydrator,

I equalize the temp and humidity over night in 4 mill bags, just folded over then they go into the sealer

spec

Meat Mopper
Joined Oct 1, 2010
Thanks Mark

Here it is going into the sealer

Before and after

spec

Meat Mopper
Joined Oct 1, 2010
I can see where the wall may throw ya for a loop, it has lights in the back wall, so you can see the progress, but they are actually fairly usless when it full

fpnmf

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 19, 2010
Thanks for the post and pictures

The jerky and sticks look perfect.

I may put the tasso experiment on the back burner and get some jerky in the dehydrator.

What do you use to make the sticks? Not looking for your secret recipe, just how you stuff.

Have a great day!

Craig

spec

Meat Mopper
Joined Oct 1, 2010
I use a Nesco meat grinder with the smallest cutter plate, and a modified sausage stuffer tube, to stuff the collogen casings,

I leave the casings on Some of my customers like the case...and some don't,

I used to peel the casings for the customers that don't like it...But with the increase in order's I don't have the time to anymore

After I get settled in the new Kitchen I'll post more pix of my set-ups for all this stuff...

The new Kitchen is getting set up for strictly Meat foods preparation with the dehydrator/slicer/vac/grinder's, Attached to my regular Bar kitchen...Pretty sweet set up, And good for the Bar&grill business as well

ak1

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 23, 2010
That looks good.

My son would probably eat that whole load in one sitting

spec

Meat Mopper
Joined Oct 1, 2010
I should prolly clarify that statement,

I mix up my spices in a 5 gallon NSF food grade bucket with a lid...Mix in my meats roll it around for a while to get a good mixing then I toss the bucket in the cooler overnight, Then grind right into the casings

I have a stuffer but don't use it, I skip the stuffer step for 2 reasons 1 It saves time

2 I feel it's prolly alittle safer due to no air contact with the fresh ground stuff

Now keep in mind the possibility of flaver betwenn stix is there if you aren't super careful when mixing it all together

I'll get some pix when my new Meat only Kitchen is finished...It's attached to my Bar&grill kitchen

fpnmf

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 19, 2010
Thanks spec. I appreciate the extra effort on your part.

Very interesting. I can see why you grind right into the casing.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.