Quick Q veiw

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

spec

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Oct 1, 2010
Back in Minnesota
I don't know if this is the right place to put this

But here goes

I make and sell about 500 pounds of jerky per yer...Soon to hopefully be over a thousand for 2011

New Kitchen and a Bar & grill as a sales starting point

A couple of weeks ago I had a huge set of orders...Over 50# of Jerky and stix

I'm Making a batch of Rosemary's baby jerky today,as a special favor to my logo designer

466f1038_DSCF0137.jpg

330b41f3_DSCF0136.jpg

1aa1170c_DSCF0135.jpg

Each of those bags in the bottom picture is 1 pound, Here's a couple of pix of the Rosemary's baby mix

As soon as I find my camera

I'm almost ready to grind the peppers for the spice wash, I always grind my peppers fresh for Rosemary's baby and  B.B.H.O Jerky

The spice wash consists ot fresh ground dehydrated peppers and some of my rosemary's baby Bloody mary mix...More when It's ready

572470d1_DSCF0143.jpg
5f7ce45e_DSCF0144.jpg
b60e7497_DSCF0145.jpg
67e0c88d_DSCF0146.jpg
747a9eb4_DSCF0142.jpg

Thanks Bear

I was looking over some of you recipes and I'll have to try some
icon_cool.gif

I've been working on some beef stix  mixes, Your right on the non cased and better smoke flavor

heres a couple of pix, before and after the wash

The wash  is straight rosemay's baby Bloody Mary mix with added fresh ground peppers and celeryseed, spashed over the strips

31103129_DSCF0147.jpg

64604353_DSCF0149.jpg
69f9fb63_DSCF0148.jpg

Hi Spec, nice looking meat stix too!  Is that a smoker or a dehydrator you're loading them into? Are the walls of the unit glass or metal ( I think metal, but from the pic I can't be sure)? Nice # of racks in that thing at any rate.

icon_cool.gif

Now there's some good looking jerkey and snack sticks and I know.

Hi Spec, nice looking meat stix too!  Is that a smoker or a dehydrator you're loading them into? Are the walls of the unit glass or metal ( I think metal, but from the pic I can't be sure)? Nice # of racks in that thing at any rate.
Thanks,

It's my dehydrator, I smoke in a seperate unit,

The walls are stinless steel,

Ya it has some serious capacity...More than I care to cut and marinade in a day
PDT_Armataz_01_05.gif

I forgot to finish the Q-veiw
af8d18f8_DSCF0152.jpg

Jerky warm out of the dehydrator,

I equalize the temp and humidity over night in 4 mill bags, just folded over then they go into the sealer

I can see where the wall may throw ya for a loop, it has lights in the back wall, so you can see the progress, but they are actually fairly usless when it full

Thanks for the post and pictures

The jerky and sticks look perfect.

I may put the tasso experiment on the back burner and get some jerky in the dehydrator.

What do you use to make the sticks? Not looking for your secret recipe, just how you stuff.

Have a great day!

Craig

I use a Nesco meat grinder with the smallest cutter plate, and a modified sausage stuffer tube, to stuff the collogen casings,

I leave the casings on Some of my customers like the case...and some don't,

I used to peel the casings for the customers that don't like it...But with the increase in order's I don't have the time to anymore

After I get settled in the new Kitchen I'll post more pix of my set-ups for all this stuff...

The new Kitchen is getting set up for strictly Meat foods preparation with the dehydrator/slicer/vac/grinder's, Attached to my regular Bar kitchen...Pretty sweet set up, And good for the Bar&grill business as well
PDT_Armataz_01_30.gif

I should prolly clarify that statement,

I mix up my spices in a 5 gallon NSF food grade bucket with a lid...Mix in my meats roll it around for a while to get a good mixing then I toss the bucket in the cooler overnight, Then grind right into the casings

I have a stuffer but don't use it, I skip the stuffer step for 2 reasons 1 It saves time

2 I feel it's prolly alittle safer due to no air contact with the fresh ground stuff

Now keep in mind the possibility of flaver betwenn stix is there if you aren't super careful when mixing it all together

I'll get some pix when my new Meat only Kitchen is finished...It's attached to my Bar&grill kitchen

Thanks spec. I appreciate the extra effort on your part.

Very interesting. I can see why you grind right into the casing.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky