• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Quick and easy soup.

Steve H

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2018
Decided on something different, quick, and easy last night. And it was just me for dinner. So I took a pack of the beef flavored Ramen noodles. Got 2 cups of water boiling and added the noodles. And let them cook until done. Then added the spice pack. And some rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, and sriracha sauce. Added by taste. Perhaps a tbs each of the rice wine vinegar and soy sauce. 1/2 tsp of the sesame oil. And 1 tsp of the sriracha sauce. Brought to boil. Added a cornstarch and water slurry to thicken, again. Just eye balled it. Added some large thawed cooked shrimp. And turned off the heat. I just wanted the shrimp to warm up.
I wish I could have added some diced green onions. But had none.

DSCN4532.jpg

Also threw some frozen chicken and basil spring rolls in the oven. And made a dipping sauce with soy sauce, sesame oil, and a dash of sriracha sauce.

DSCN4533.jpg

For a thrown together meal. It was flavorful and filling. The next time I make it. I'll record the amounts to share.

sawhorseray

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2014
What's not to like about that dinner Steve, yummy! I love spring rolls, and had shrimp for dinner three nights in a row, wish I was there, Like! RAY

tx smoker

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Apr 14, 2013
Heck ya Steve!! That looks darned good to me. I'd have to wait for night that it's just me having dinner also but that looks like it'd be worth the wait.

Gooooooooooooooo gravy! :emoji_laughing:
YES!! Go #TeamGravy

Robert

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Hmmm--Looks Mighty Tasty from The Den!!
Nice Job, Steve!
Like.

Bear

jcam222

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 13, 2017
Looks good Steve. Always loved Ramen and it’s darn sure soup weather now.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
That is one good looking meal Dude!
We eat a lot of soups & as a matter of fact we have a northern bean soup in the crock pot as we speak.
I like your combo & will have to give it a try!
Nicely done!!
Al

tx smoker

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Apr 14, 2013
I made some soup last night too but didn't take any pictures. It was awesome though! Sadly no gravy.
Well no pics AND no gravy, it never happened. If you'd been able to slip some gravy in you might have enough credibility to get by without the pics but you can't be missing both.

Robert

Steve H

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2018
Thanks all. To the ones that are saying otherwise on chat. Enjoy yourselves.

smokerjim

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 14, 2014
looks darn good Steve! i think the next few nights are going to be good soup nights.

flatbroke

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Sep 16, 2007
Happy Birthday Buddy. Have a good one. Thanks for dropping in chat earlier and chewing the fat and celebrating your birthday with us. Food looks good

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.