Quick and easy soup.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
Decided on something different, quick, and easy last night. And it was just me for dinner. So I took a pack of the beef flavored Ramen noodles. Got 2 cups of water boiling and added the noodles. And let them cook until done. Then added the spice pack. And some rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, and sriracha sauce. Added by taste. Perhaps a tbs each of the rice wine vinegar and soy sauce. 1/2 tsp of the sesame oil. And 1 tsp of the sriracha sauce. Brought to boil. Added a cornstarch and water slurry to thicken, again. Just eye balled it. Added some large thawed cooked shrimp. And turned off the heat. I just wanted the shrimp to warm up.
I wish I could have added some diced green onions. But had none.

DSCN4532.jpg

Also threw some frozen chicken and basil spring rolls in the oven. And made a dipping sauce with soy sauce, sesame oil, and a dash of sriracha sauce.

DSCN4533.jpg

For a thrown together meal. It was flavorful and filling. The next time I make it. I'll record the amounts to share.

What's not to like about that dinner Steve, yummy! I love spring rolls, and had shrimp for dinner three nights in a row, wish I was there, Like! RAY

That is one good looking meal Dude!
We eat a lot of soups & as a matter of fact we have a northern bean soup in the crock pot as we speak.
I like your combo & will have to give it a try!
Nicely done!!
Al

Reactions: jcam222
I made some soup last night too but didn't take any pictures. It was awesome though! Sadly no gravy.

Well no pics AND no gravy, it never happened. If you'd been able to slip some gravy in you might have enough credibility to get by without the pics but you can't be missing both.

Robert

Reactions: sawhorseray
Happy Birthday Buddy. Have a good one. Thanks for dropping in chat earlier and chewing the fat and celebrating your birthday with us. Food looks good

Reactions: Steve H
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky