• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bbqchris52

Original poster
Aug 15, 2016
Hey guys, I've been smoking BBQ for about 13 years now and have been thinking a lot lately about getting a trailer smoker. I have cooked for a few small weddings and parties and my Oklahoma Joe cookers barely get the job done and it is definitely a chore cooking a lot of meat on small cookers. I know the big names when it comes to trailer smokers are Meadow Creek, Lang, Yoder, Stump's Smokers, and many others. I am currently still in school and would like a decently large (250-500 gallon) smoker but without the big name brand price tag. I know you get what you pay for and I don't want to buy a piece of junk but I would also like to stretch my money a little bit, especially on my first large smoker. Do you guys know of or have any opinions on some quality smoker manufacturers that won't break the bank?

A couple companies I have looked at are HBT smokers, Custom Pits and Fabrication LLC, and Black Warrior Smokers. Does anyone know anything about any of these?

Also what are your thoughts on reverse flow vs direct flow and insulated vs non insulated fireboxes? Thanks for your help guys!

I am located near Columbus, Ga!

Last edited:
Reactions: babydocsmoker
Look up bell fabrication in Tulsa Oklahoma. Owner is Craig Bell. He builds great smokers with 3/8in steel at a very affordable price. Mine isn't trailer mounted but bauchjw bauchjw just bought one that is. Same as mine but on a trailer with a warmer box and flat top

Keep your eyes peeled for something used and be ready to drive if and when something comes up. You don't list your location, that always helps. RAY

Reactions: gmc2003
Keep an eye on the various and numerous smoking forums classified section. Lots of good independent fabricators out there that will list in the classified sections. That’s how I found mine. I think your going to need to look for used if you are on a smaller budget. If possible build a fire and cook something on it first before handing the cash over.

I sent you a private message about the HBT. Bottom line is I love mine and the folks there at HBT were great to work with. i no longer have a Facebook account but they used to have a popular FB page where you can talk with other owners.

Attachments

• 6B2F2C9F-FA3F-4CBD-AB9B-292ABD6EDA09.jpeg
    6B2F2C9F-FA3F-4CBD-AB9B-292ABD6EDA09.jpeg
    183.6 KB · Views: 48
  • 996D1841-2CA3-487C-ABA2-10BFBBEA0FBB.jpeg
    996D1841-2CA3-487C-ABA2-10BFBBEA0FBB.jpeg
    153.9 KB · Views: 47
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky