QMatz from A-Maze-N Products

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kathrynn

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jun 13, 2012
Madison, AL
I used the Matz yesterday for the 1st time while smoking some cheeses.  The mat is easily cut to fit my racks and the cleanup was a breeze!  Almost no clean up at all..  I am going to buy some more to fit all 3 racks!

Here is a few pics of the before and after usage.

This picture is the after usage of a 2.5 hour smoke with peach for the cheeses.  There is a small stain on the right where the Amazen Tube was putting the most smoke out.

Here is a small piece of the mat that I cut away....on top of the "used" one.  I am happy with it...and definately will use them more.  Will be able to smoke nuts...fish...jerky and more things using these.  

Just thought I would share another great gadget for your smoking needs!

Kat

Interesting!!  Thanks for the heads up. I went to his site to check them out and they look like they will be useful for a lot of my planned projects. They will be  added to my arsenal soon.

I recently smoked a turkey and the liver.... Laid the liver on the mat raw, came right off..... no stick...  amazing....  

I also love these mats.  I have cold smoked a couple batches of cheese on them in my Weber Genesis grill (used Todd's Amazin Products AMNPS with cherry & maple pellets).  They keep the cheese clean with no grill grate grease marks.  Next time I cold smoke eggs I'll use 'em to keep the eggs from having grill grate marks.

Spring is here and summer is coming but don't let the warmer weather stop you from smoking cheese:

Q-Matz will help keep your cheese from sagging!

Thanks for sharing Kat! Your cheese looks Great! I'm going to have to try some Dubliner!

You guys have all the Smoker options covered!...I think a HIGHER HEAT test is in order...I have an Idea...
welder.gif
...JJ

i thought i was good at math, ha.. i figured and figured and thought i needed 8 feet. thats what i ordered.

when they came yesterday i cut to size. and had 4 feet left over....... so as the saying goes---- measure twice cut once.

can't wait to use them on cold smoke cheese.. last time i tryed it the cheese went through the grate.

thanks   every  body for all the advise shared....      ken

i thought i was good at math, ha.. i figured and figured and thought i needed 8 feet. thats what i ordered.
when they came yesterday i cut to size. and had 4 feet left over....... so as the saying goes---- measure twice cut once.
can't wait to use them on cold smoke cheese.. last time i tryed it the cheese went through the grate.
thanks   every  body for all the advise shared....      ken

At least you aren't like my Dad....measure 3 times then cut it short!

The Matz will really help with the cheese sagging at higher temps, now we just need to see some pics from you!

used my new q-matz for the first time today with mixed feelings. i made some beef jerky with ground beef. got a jerky gun and

spread it on the matz. it was doing fine but was wet and raw on the bottom so i turned it over. checked it in a couple hours and still wet.

turned agin but still wet and oily. it doesn't dry like on the grate what am i doing wrong? i ended up taking it off the matz and putting it

on the grates. thanks for some help.....ken

used my new q-matz for the first time today with mixed feelings. i made some beef jerky with ground beef. got a jerky gun and
spread it on the matz. it was doing fine but was wet and raw on the bottom so i turned it over. checked it in a couple hours and still wet.
turned agin but still wet and oily. it doesn't dry like on the grate what am i doing wrong? i ended up taking it off the matz and putting it
on the grates. thanks for some help.....ken

I know when you smoke caseless jerky from ground beef a lot of fat is rendered out and a lot of grease/oil is left behind. I bet the tight weave of the Q-Matz is allowing the grease/oil to kind of puddle up and not drip through fast enough. Did you have a pan under the jerky to catch drippings? If so how much grease was in it compared to when you didn't use the Matz in the past?

I'm glad you pointed this out, I like using my jerky gun but haven't used it with the Matz yet and I thought they would work good. Maybe not so much!

i followed the directions i read from somebody about 130 degees for and hour and then bump it up till 160. left it in for about 6 or 7 hours.

i had some whole meat strips in to an they didn't dry out good. they are still soft and meaty. what temps would be better?

the ground beef was stiff.  thanks           ken

i followed the directions i read from somebody about 130 degees for and hour and then bump it up till 160. left it in for about 6 or 7 hours.

i had some whole meat strips in to an they didn't dry out good. they are still soft and meaty. what temps would be better?

the ground beef was stiff.  thanks           ken
Ken, are you using a water pan ?? Do you have the vents wide open ??    Dave

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky