QMatz from A-Maze-N Products

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
thanks for quick reply.  yes i had a water  pan with apple juice in it.  vent open and chip feeder out. i have a master built 30 elect.  thanks   ken

thanks for quick reply.  yes i had a water  pan with apple juice in it.  vent open and chip feeder out. i have a master built 30 elect.  thanks   ken
Ken, evening..... Trying to dry meat with a liquid in the water pan won't work too good....  The liquid evaporates creating steam, and hinders the drying process....   Try it without water using the same temps and you should have great results.....      Dave

Ken your temps sound good, I did some jerky from corned beef a couple of weeks ago on the Q-Matz using about the same temps and it turned out great.
How thick were your strips sliced?

good evening, 

the ground beef was about 1/4"and flat and the strips i had butcher slice about the same.

the water pan was my mistake, i was going to take it out in a couple hours but forgot.

i smoked a corned beef a few days ago and the wife and son just trid it in sandwiches so guess

what? i have to make more, a lot more............they loved it.  i see where they make jerky out of it so

will try that.     thanks     ken                         qne more ?,   how do you pm and what for?

how do you pm and what for?
Dave explained how it works.

The what for? part is, if you'd like to tell a member, in private, how nice their butt looks. Pork butt, that is. 
biggrin.gif

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky