Puyazo????

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jsclow

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jan 19, 2014
La Ceiba, Honduras
I have been trying to figure out what this cut of meat is. Here in Honduras it labeled as puyazo which I thought was Tri-tip. I think I now have found out it is actually Top Siroin Cap or Rump Steak.(all these cut names get somewhat confusing as many of the same cuts are called different names). I took a couple of pictures of it to ask if anyone can tell from looking at what it is. I have looked at othe photos in the forums here but none of the look to have as much fat on them as these do. I'm sure this one just hasn't been trimmed. Any help is appreciated.

I have been trying to figure out what this cut of meat is. Here in Honduras it labeled as puyazo which I thought was Tri-tip. I think I now have found out it is actually Top Siroin Cap or Rump Steak.(all these cut names get somewhat confusing as many of the same cuts are called different names). I took a couple of pictures of it to ask if anyone can tell from looking at what it is. I have looked at othe photos in the forums here but none of the look to have as much fat on them as these do. I'm sure this one just hasn't been trimmed. Any help is appreciated.

John I had bought one thinking it was a tri-tip but was Picana here are 2 post 

Picana http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/248294/first-tri-tip

Tri-Tip  http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/252637/tri-tip-success

Hope this helps

Richie

Thanks Richie.  These are common here and I smoke them ever once in awhile.  Usually keep it low and slow til an IT of about 125ish* and it turns out fine.  This time I trimmed a lot of the fat off (it was over 1/2" thick) and put it in the freezer. The brisket here (when I can find it) has little to no fat so I'm gonna experiment and try to 'tack' on some of this fat to one and see how that goes.  All grass feed beef here and they trim what fat there is off.

Thanks Richie.  These are common here and I smoke them ever once in awhile.  Usually keep it low and slow til an IT of about 125ish* and it turns out fine.  This time I trimmed a lot of the fat off (it was over 1/2" thick) and put it in the freezer. The brisket here (when I can find it) has little to no fat so I'm gonna experiment and try to 'tack' on some of this fat to one and see how that goes.  All grass feed beef here and they trim what fat there is off.
Put the fat over the Brisket let it drip 

Post it up when u do

Richie

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky