Pulled pork

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bowhunter3290

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Sep 11, 2016
Arizona
Making PP Sunday, I have a 8 lb butt, will be injecting it Saturday and putting my rub on it. I changed my rub for the butt and we will see, how it comes out. I also am trying North Carolina BBQ 

Last edited:
I'm in!

popcorn.gif

Al

it will be my first time making it so if you lived in Arizona i would say sure but, i dont even know how its going to come out 

8 hours, you think thats what ive been reading wrap at 5 or should i just let it stay unwrapped 

It's all up to you and how much bark you want. Wrapped, it may cook faster, but the bark will suffer. Unwrapped, good bark, but longer cook time.

I did 2 8 pounders last night. Started then at 5:30 and the finished at around noon today. Butts have a mind of their own, you can't time them consistently.

It's all up to you and how much bark you want. Wrapped, it may cook faster, but the bark will suffer. Unwrapped, good bark, but longer cook time.

I did 2 8 pounders last night. Started then at 5:30 and the finished at around noon today. Butts have a mind of their own, you can't time them consistently.
dang that is a long time, yeah that changes everything, i was going to start it around 8 or so to have it around 5 or 6 but with that i dont know 

It reheats well. All that I cooked will be eaten by may parents over many many meals. I vac packed it to freeze, but once defrosted it reheats with a finishing sauce really well.

If you wrap your butt you can always finish in the oven as well. I really like having a unit that can run all night!

If you wrap your butt you can always finish in the oven as well. I really like having a unit that can run all night!
Yeah but then that would take the fun out of keeping a fire going and relaxing and that's what BBQ is all about. Family friends and eating good right

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky