pulled pork the lazy way

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

monoxide

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jan 29, 2012
Englewood, FL
so i told my girl i would make pulled pork for dinner. i am being lazy and dont feel like cooking so i broke out my crockpot and tossed a pork loin in it and some onion, garlic, hickory bbq sauce and hickory liquid smoke. it is gonna cook for 8 to 10 hours prolly 8 hours of cooking then get pulled and then back in to stay warm till she gets off of work. let me know what you guys think here is the qview so far. doesnt look like much but it should come out good.

42905f56_IMG_0353.jpg

8a0ad26c_IMG_0354.jpg

63fadd0f_IMG_0355.jpg

1698e982_IMG_0356.jpg

2dc5dce0_IMG_0357.jpg

16a24b91_IMG_0358.jpg

cd911c29_IMG_0359.jpg

doesnt look like much but will post pics when its done. the sonnys sauce was not used in cooking but will be used on the sandwiches.

constructive criticism welcomed and encouraged.

Wow....Those are really truly TENDERLOINS! I don't think you will have any problems pulling those badboys, just hope they don't desintagrate in the pot!

i have made it a few times first time i used the recipe that came with the crock pot and then i just changed it. now im just going by memory and winging it. it should come out good. only one way to tell.

its only a few hours into it but it is smelling great. i want to open and stir it a little but i dont want to release the heat.

Not for nothing my friend, but...There are a lot of quick and easy recipes for $4.99 a pound Super Tasty Pork Tenders!...Long slow cooks like that are great, but they are designed for Tough, Chewy cuts like Butts at $1.99/lb...That should be Butter Soft when done!...JJ

That should be real tasty. Be sure to post the results  

i will deff show the results. i have never tried a butt in a slow cooker. i want to try a briskit in here to make tamalies one day. sorry for my horrable spelling

i will deff show the results. i have never tried a butt in a slow cooker. i want to try a briskit in here to make tamalies one day. sorry for my horrable spelling
Brisket will work but Chuck is frequently cheaper...JJ

Well it's done. Here is some qview from before and after it was pulled.
aefc8314-804c-ffa0.jpg

aefc8314-8063-71b4.jpg

Wish it was smoked. But it tasted good either way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have 2 points of constructive criticism-

1. Stop posting pics that appear sideways or upside down in the post( looks like you figured that one out)

2. Pork tenderloin is the most expensive way to make crockpot pork, next time try a different cut.

What is stopping you from BBQing a pork butt? 

I just upload the pics from my phone so I can't rotate them on here. And when I get a smoker I'll do a pork butt.

I haven't used a pork butt in a crock. Pot but I have used loins so that's why I went with a loin I know how they come out every time.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky