Pulled Pork QueView

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hokiescott

Original poster
Dec 26, 2010
Thought I'd share my NYE pulled pork success.

Brined overnight with water, pickling salt, molasses, litle bita garlic and onion powders

Rubbed with Jeff's rub

Injected with Cherry Dr Pepper ("HOW BOUTA LITTLE KIIIISSS?!")

Smoked for 14 hours in the MES30 @ 220

Foiled at 170, pulled at 205, rested for 45 minutes on the counter

SoFlaQuer's finishing sauce was added during the pullin'

Tossed on wife's home made bread with some pickles and Carolina BBQ sauce (homemade of course)

Dutch's wicked baked beans smoked for 3 hours

Makes for one happy Hokie.

Washed and ready for the mustard and rub.

d66a9c3a_1bd2a637.jpg

Rubbed down

762b3679_496687a5.jpg

Ready for foil

a3bcd289_f172e8ef.jpg

205 inside

15b8648e_5cc96d34.jpg

Dutch's goodness

ca9de922_e95b835e.jpg

Pulled and ready to consume

6d559792_d5534760.jpg

Dig in!!

6516f7a6_9cf0ab9e.jpg

Reactions: meateater
icon_cool.gif

Now your pulled pork looks awesome and the sammie I'm sure it hit the spot.

Thanks for the compliments! It's made for some awesome leftovers, I assure you. Has anyone else noticed that the baked beans actually taste better reheated than out of the smoker? At least to me they do.  Anyway, thanks again, this was definitely a good Boston Butt.

looks good hokie.... where did you hide the slaw................

I'm struggling with the 'slaw concept truth be told. Maybe I need to have some home made to try with but I don't get it otherwise. I've tried it at one of my favorite BBQ places here in Tampa and it just doesn't do it for me.

What I'm about to say is close to sacrilege in NC. I find slaw repulsive. I don't get it and I don't think it compliments pulled pork. I want to taste all of those flavors I put so much work into in my pork and my sauce and not a bunch of cabbage and mayo. 
I'm struggling with the 'slaw concept truth be told. Maybe I need to have some home made to try with but I don't get it otherwise. I've tried it at one of my favorite BBQ places here in Tampa and it just doesn't do it for me.

What I'm about to say is close to sacrilege in NC.

You're right. My father in law got me into pulled pork (they're in Charlotte and have a beach house on Topsail Island) and everyone up there dumps slaw by the pound on their sandwiches. I tried it and felt like it overpowered the flavor of the pork.

Your not alone, I like pulled pork on a good roll with Hot,Hot,Hot did I say Hot sauce. I like to sweat and say dirty words and try to cool it down with a cold barley pop.
icon_razz.gif

Ok so I am going to send both of you a slaw recipe that I think you will like.  I don't like slaw on my sammie but along side is good. Do me a favor and try it when I PM you with it and let me know.   I mostly hated slaw until I found this one

Great lookin' pulled pork! And aren't Dutch's beans great?  We love them here....I always get from guest, I've never had pineapples in beans before...but they're great, can I get the recipe? LOL 

I've gotten to where I almost don't even bother with the bun anymore.  I just like it straight with some sauce occasionally.

Ok so I am going to send both of you a slaw recipe that I think you will like.  I don't like slaw on my sammie but along side is good. Do me a favor and try it when I PM you with it and let me know.   I mostly hated slaw until I found this one
Sounds good, send it over! I'll try it out. I have a ton of leftovers still.

There's so many types of slaw, no two tastes the same. I have had real bad and real good. Scarbelly, I'd be interested in yours also if you care to share.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky