pulled pork mes40 Q-view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

veritas

Fire Starter
Original poster
Apr 5, 2012
Wisconsin
did my first pulled pork yesterday. Followed the basic sticky with a few variations. I used cushion meat as it was suggested by a friend. I used my mes 40 at 230. Used my amzn pellet with the pit master blend. Used my basic rub no mustard and let sit wrapped for 12 hours in fridge. Didn't spritz. Wrapped in foil at 165 with a splash of coke and rum.its what I had on hand. Set temp to 250. Pulled em out at 205 and towel wrapped them into the cooler.
After an hour or so shredded with the paws and added flaquers sauce. Crushed it on buns with slaw. Took the rest to my station for my next shift and listened to em singing my praise!

Very nice I just snoked a Butt over the weekend, 5 pounder. I didn't foil and after 5 hours, at a steady 240*F it stalled at 155* for about a hour then at the 11 hour mark it only got to 183*F and would not move. I wrapped in plastic and stuck it in a cooler for 1 hour. 90% of it pulled nicely but th rest was tougher and took a little more effort. It was good and had great bark but I think I will sacrifice the bark for a shorter cook time and more fall apart tender...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky