Pulled pork in ravioli?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Wood Chunk Chick

Original poster
Sep 18, 2018
Winston-Salem, NC
Hi there, all

I am looking for ideas, suggestions, and inspiration. Or even, "for the love of all that is good, don't even try this!" if that's applicable :-)

I have a bunch of pulled pork and have been thinking for a while now that I could incorporate that into a ravioli meal, but am not sure what would be the best fillings for it, and am hoping someone may already have tried or is interested as well.

I was thinking an egg pasta and using the pork with ricotta blended with garlic, mashed sweet potato and either asiago or parm cheeses as the stuffing. However, that sounds possibly a bit "off". It will be my first time making ravioli as well, so I'd like to try something fun and different.

Any thoughts, ideas, and suggestions are more than appreciated! Thank you in advance

The combo of Sweet Potato, Garlic, Pork and Aged Cheese is fine. But that is going to be a wet difficult to work with filling, adding Ricotta. Leave it out or skip the Sweet Potato in favor of forcefully rung out frozen Spinach. Either way, don't forget the fresh grated Nutmeg...JJ

Reactions: Wood Chunk Chick
The combo of Sweet Potato, Garlic, Pork and Aged Cheese is fine. But that is going to be a wet difficult to work with filling, adding Ricotta. Leave it out or skip the Sweet Potato in favor of forcefully rung out frozen Spinach. Either way, don't forget the fresh grated Nutmeg...JJ

Thank you! Do you believe cream cheese, in a small amount mixed with another, harder cheese, would do better? And I see your point as sweet potato can already be creamy, so no need to overdo it :-)

A little Cream Cheese would add some tang without a lot of moisture. Sounds good...JJ

I donno how to make Ravioli's.
But I know I like them, a LOT!
I'm all ears for the idears forthcoming.
I have some PP stashed away in the deep freezer.
Anybody made canned biscuits pork pockets? :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, I didn't. Had some issues crop up at home that needed attention, so the pulled pork was used for quickie dinners (sammiches) instead. Next batch I make will have some of it going into pasta using these wonderful ideas
Good luck hope it all goes well Happy T-Day
Richie

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky