• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Pulled Pork - Chiavettas injected w/ Qview

rare2medium

Fire Starter
Joined Mar 31, 2016
The other week before Christmas I decided to use up the other half of the 16 lbs of Boston Butt I got on sale to make more pulled pork. On my last post with this I injected the pork with an apple juice stock and since that turned out ok I decided to use some Chiavetta's BBQ marinade. You can find this vinegar based bbq in Wegmans and there also a few copy-cat recipes on the Internet that are very close to the real thing.

Injected the butt, put on basic bbq rub. Got the MES going up to 250, added some Hickory and gave it about 7 hours of smoke time, tented it part way through, total cooking time of about 13 hours until the IT was just over 200.

Like the last butt, this came out great. Juicy and a slight vinegar tang but not much. Now I have just under 15 lbs of this goodness in stock I think I'm good for a while. Thanks for reading.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
That's some good looking PP!

Nice job!

Al

win l

Joined Apr 24, 2014
Went to Wegmans last night and picked up a bottle...trying on my butt tomorrow!

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.