Puerco Pibil aka Cochinita Pibil - My Best/Final Recipe

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I finally getting around to this. I bought some Goya Marinade, Naranja Agria to use for the orange. Should be just the ticket. Pork butt thawing. I need to adapt a family. I not eating to much during the week and these big dishes are way to much. My freezer packed full of frozen prepared dishes not to mention raw meat!

Reactions: chilerelleno
I finally getting around to this. I bought some Goya Marinade, Naranja Agria to use for the orange. Should be just the ticket. Pork butt thawing. I need to adapt a family. I not eating to much during the week and these big dishes are way to much. My freezer packed full of frozen prepared dishes not to mention raw meat!
If I was close to you I'd volunteer to bring a couple of sides and help you eat that.

I ended up putting in 2. I salt sensitive. I broke my hot sauce bottle putting back in fridge. What a mess. At least it was after. I looked at Fiesta Mart for some and did not have. Not sure where I got that bottle but need another. It one of my favorites. I threw couple Habanero's in for good measure. They had fresh banana leaves but where in 4 lb packages so decided just to use the frozen I had. Wish I would of got fresh now.

20201114_110319.jpg

Last edited:
While at brewery found a friend of ours who has food truck is having a cook off thing at their house today. Bring dish and get judged. Got home and house smells amazing. Comes out oven at 3 and thing starts at 4. I going to take in sight on seen.

While at brewery found a friend of ours who has food truck is having a cook off thing at their house today. Bring dish and get judged. Got home and house smells amazing. Comes out oven at 3 and thing starts at 4. I going to take in sight on seen.
How did this go Brian? I’m making this marinade tomorrow? It’s been a bit I suppose! Also curious, I haven’t seen chilerelleno chilerelleno post in a bit, but this recipe calls for “3/4C Achiote powder” that’s a lot more than other recipes I’ve seen. Is it really 3/4 Cup or was that a typo? Other recipes call for Achiote paste too, not sure why the paste over the powder? I appreciate it!

How did this go Brian? I’m making this marinade tomorrow? It’s been a bit I suppose! Also curious, I haven’t seen chilerelleno chilerelleno post in a bit, but this recipe calls for “3/4C Achiote powder” that’s a lot more than other recipes I’ve seen. Is it really 3/4 Cup or was that a typo? Other recipes call for Achiote paste too, not sure why the paste over the powder? I appreciate it!
Turned out really good. My friends loved it. I think I pretty much followed recipe. I do make judgment calls when making things. Normally I look at several recipes and kind of combine what I like about each one.

Last edited:
1.5C Sour Orange juice*

(*To mimic Sour Oranges for this or other Mexican recipes such as Carnitas or Carne asada, just mix equal parts Grapefruit juice, Orange juice, Lime juice and Vinegar.)

Be careful when eating/drinking/using grapefruit and grapefruit juice. Grapefruit does not mix well with a lot of meds, especially heart/blood pressure meds. Sometimes it intensifies the med and sometimes it reduces the effects.

Is that 4 tablespoon salt?
Really late replying to this....
Better late than never...

BrianGSDTexoma BrianGSDTexoma
Yes Brian, Tablespoons was a mistake, supposed to be Teaspoons.

bauchjw bauchjw
Recipe has been updated for 1/2c Achiote paste.

Last edited:
Reactions: bauchjw
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky