Prowler @ The Bear's Den!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks nice.
My daughter got a 7 point with her car Sunday night. Told her there was no Sunday hunting. :emoji_laughing:

Warren
My son nailed a nice doe last month. By the time I got over to where he was the guy whos house he was in front of already had it hanging getting skinned lol
IMG_20210828_195103.jpg
IMG_20210828_195117.jpg

Looks nice.
My daughter got a 7 point with her car Sunday night. Told her there was no Sunday hunting. :emoji_laughing:

Warren
I hope your daughter and any passengers were OK? I also hope the car survived as now is not the time to shop for a new (or used) car!

Great pics!
I live in the suburbs, close to Puget Sound. Some green-belts around. We used to see a few deer walking down our street occasionally in the mornings, but I haven't seen them for a couple years. That was an odd sight, walking down the middle of paved streets. Coyotes have increased in the area, might have something to do with it.

Thank You Mike!!
That is odd--We don't even see them in town very often.

Bear

That's a nice buck!

Thank You Civil !!
And for the Like.

Bear

That's a nice buck there Bear.
My backyard deer are eating 50 lb of corn a week and the granddaughters love to watch them.
But there's a pretty good buck tending the herd and he's going in the freezer and possibly the wall 1st chance I get

Thank You 912 !!
With that Wasting Disease going around, Bear Jr is leaning more toward Trophy hunting.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

He looks like he would make for some great sausage !!

Thank You Joe!!
He'd make a Bunch!

Bear

Nice! They are pretty amazing animals, I wish I had those views!

Thank You JW !!
Yup---They're fun to watch!!

Bear

Nice, 4 does in the front yard today in Pike county...still waiting to see a bear...timber rattler...not so much!

Thank You!!
Pike County is about the most densely populated with Bears of all PA Counties.
Keep your eyes open---You'll get to see some.
I'd rather not see the Timber Rattlers!!

Bear

Reactions: clifish
Nice looking deer Bear. I've seen a bunch of deer roaming our roads, but no antlers on them. Also none have ran out in front of my truck. So the deer whistles must be working.

Chris

Thank You Chris!!
I always wondered if those things actually work.
I only personally hit one Deer in my 45 years of driving, mostly in the country, and Mrs Bear hit None. I remind her every Rut season to be extra careful after Dark.

Bear

Nice looking deer Bear. I've seen a bunch of deer roaming our roads, but no antlers on them. Also none have ran out in front of my truck. So the deer whistles must be working.

Chris
Thank You Chris!!
I always wondered if those things actually work.
I only personally hit one Deer in my 45 years of driving, mostly in the country, and Mrs Bear hit None. I remind her every Rut season to be extra careful after Dark.

Bear
I don't know if the deer whistles work, but the whine from my turbo (diesel pickup) appears to work miracles.
I've hit 1 deer in 50 years of driving. It was mid morning in town and I was driving my son's gas pickup

Bear... Amazing pictures. Beautiful animals.
As for hitting them with a car, as a former auto body tech, yuck nasty disgusting. Among the top three worst cars to work on!

Looks like he has a busted tine. That means there is another fighter in the area. Might be bigger. Keep your eyes peeled. Would be interesting to see what broke that beautiful buck

Man that's awesome!
One of the things I love when I'm hunting is being able to see all the wildlife. People think you just go out and shoot something but you pass on so many things and see so much wildlife it's so amazing and relaxing.

I know you aren't hunting but it reminds me of it.
Thank you for the pictures! :D

Thank You Tall !!
I know what you mean---I once sat for hours at the edge of a Swamp in Pike County, watching a Beaver chopping away & moving large pieces of wood to his building project.
I also sat in a tree, wearing Camouflage, when 17 Wild Turkeys landed in the tree I was in & a couple trees nearby. They didn't see me for quite awhile.

Bear

• Love
Reactions: tallbm
Looks nice.

Warren

That Sucks when that happens.
The only one I ever hit was in Pike County while hunting with my Brother Jim.(RIP)
I already had my Deer, in the back of my 1982 Rampage, and Jim & I were going from one place to another to meet our Dad & BIL. So Jim's drinking a Soda & looking in the Right side of the woods, and I'm eating a Sandwich & looking in the Left side. Nobody was watching the road, which is where the Deer was. Bam!!---Knocked it up in the air & down again. I finished it off with my knife & Jim tagged it, so we could go home & he could still make it on time for Middle shift at the Steel.
Lucked out; The front bumper was some kind of rubber material, so It pushed in & popped right back out. The metal above the headlight was pushed in against the hood. I took it over to My Buddy Donny's Body Shop, and he slipped a Hydraulic Jack thing in there & jacked the metal back in place & away from the hood. That cost me a 6-Pack of PBR, and I actually drank 4 of them myself.
Problem Solved!

Bear

Nice
I live IN town and get get them wandering through at all hours.

Thanks!
Yup, they aren't so afraid of towns, but in MN they're probably looking for a warm place!! :emoji_wink:

Bear

My son nailed a nice doe last month. By the time I got over to where he was the guy whos house he was in front of already had it hanging getting skinned lol

Wow!
That did some damage!
Glad nobody was hurt!!
I remember years ago, in Pike County, we pulled over to help a woman driving a Big Caddy. She had hit a deer dead center, & the fan shaved off the Deer Hair & it looked like the whole engine was Fur Lined. Strangest thing!!

Bear

I don't know if the deer whistles work, but the whine from my turbo (diesel pickup) appears to work miracles.
I've hit 1 deer in 50 years of driving. It was mid morning in town and I was driving my son's gas pickup

I know some people that have the whistles, and they swear by them. I never tried one, but like I said I only ever hit one in 55 years of driving, and that was in a Great Hunting Area.

Bear

Bear... Amazing pictures. Beautiful animals.
As for hitting them with a car, as a former auto body tech, yuck nasty disgusting. Among the top three worst cars to work on!

Thank You Big!!
We got lucky one time. I was with my Dad one night, coming home from Deer hunting, in an area named "Buck Wampum" (No Joke).
3 Deer came flying out from our left, and Dad hit the brakes. Two of them crossed right in front, missing us completely, but the Third one hit the back of the Chevy Wagon.
The doe was knocked down & trying to get up, but it was in a Daze (probably needing concussion protocol). After a bit, she got up, staggered a few feet, and then took off running.
The next day we looked all over for the damage, and finally found the only thing that was there. There was a Dent nearly dead center in the "Gas Flap" on the back left side of the '58 Chevy Wagon. Nothing else was touched.

Bear

Reactions: bigfurmn
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky