• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Propane VS Electric

rick031

Joined Oct 27, 2016
Hello new to the forum. I have 2 smokers with 4 racks each and they are propane. The propane smokers I find I have to watch them a lot when the beat begins to cook. Especially the bottom rack. I was wondering if electric smoker is better or basically the same. I seen in a post in a post to leave the door open a bit to get a internal temp of 140. I'm putting jerky on tomorrow so Ill experiment opening all vents, opening the door a bit. Tying to eliminate checking it a lot......thanks

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
An electric smoker is going to have a temp controller built in, so IF it's accurate it will keep the smoker at what ever temp you set it at.

However all smokers have hot spots in them, so even with electric you may have to rotate the racks for jerky.

Al

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.