Probe cord organization

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

floridasmoke1

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jan 20, 2014
Didn’t even think about this when I bought my ink bird. I got the 6 probe one and love it. But keeping the cords nice and organized when in use and when stored may be an issues with six of them. Anybody found any cord rollers or any DIY way to keep these babies organized?

Saw this as a possibility?

8F3A8404-01CA-46F2-A533-F99C4E833307.jpeg

https://www.amazon.com/SITAKE-Manag...cphy=9025154&hvtargid=pla-1516024411592&psc=1

Reactions: JLeonard
I usually just coil my probe cords around my fingers to store them. Yea, they are a hot tangled mess when I get them out to use.

I usually just coil my probe cords around my fingers to store them. Yea, they are a hot tangled mess when I get them out to use.
Used it for the first time last night and realized then that I may need a good solution lol. Can’t stand clutter.

I don’t really see how those rollers wouldn’t not work….

I made these for when I'm using them . Magnets let into the bottoms and glued .
20200517_112330.jpg
20200420_115333.jpg
20200517_112323.jpg
As far as storage I don't do anything special , but I've thought abought spools for fishing line and an old CD rom holder .

These work really well.

Reactions: bigfurmn
I use a leader wallet designed for offshore fishing as they're big enough to hold the length of the probe.

I leave mine on the smoker. I have the#inkbird I-Bbbq-4t. Durinf a smoke I typically use 3 probes. 2 for meat and one forCC. They all feed thru a little grommet hole. After cook I clean the meat ones and coil them on the bottom grate. If I have to travel, I have the case, which has room for4

These work really well.
I got several of these for Christmas

Reactions: MJB05615
My thermometer has magnets on the back of it. I stuck it to the side of the fridge and hang the probes over it. Works, keeps them relatively untangled and easy to get to.

Hang them on a small closet tie or belt rack such as this...
1672918128364.png

Something like this can easily be made at home...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky