Private Zoo Pics from The Bear Den

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I just put deer whistles on my truck. I'm not sure they work or not, but since I almost hit two the other day that jumped in front of my truck. I have to try something. I wish ours were as relaxed as yours Bear. Nice pics.

Point for sure
Chris
The only thing that scares deer I think is some good old fashion gun fire.

They seem to work pretty well, Chris. But if you have wild horses in your area, they really put the run on them. Of course, they seem to want to run along side of the truck. :emoji_laughing::emoji_cry:
Gary

Good to know they work Gary, and thankfully we don't have any wild horses around here - we do have quite a few tame horses in the area. I was also wondering if it effect the neighborhood dogs.

The only thing that scares deer I think is some good old fashion gun fire.

I'm on the road for work at 5:30am Jim and the deer are running from the fields into the woods at that time. It's tough to pick them up jumping over the berms and fences into the roads. Besides I don't own any guns.

Sorry for the Hijack John.

Chris

Chris

Great pics, Bear. Great to see them just hanging out and not on pins and needles.

We had deer eating all wife’s flowers, so we put up a trail cam in the backyard ... NADA ever since.
Switched to the front yard where there USED to be flowers they ate ... NADA again
BUT ... the next day wife saw one right on our back patio where the trailcam USED to be ....

I think they must be very Camera-shy or in witness protection. And smarter than me for sure.

Beautiful pictures Bear!! I'm jealous.. About all I get are mosquitos.. And they don't photograph well. :emoji_sunglasses:

I just put deer whistles on my truck. I'm not sure they work or not, but since I almost hit two the other day that jumped in front of my truck. I have to try something. I wish ours were as relaxed as yours Bear. Nice pics.

Point for sure
Chris

My Brother uses those, but I never tried them.
I only ever hit one, back in 1983, but I'll never do it again.
I stopped for good now---I quit driving 3 years ago, and gave my Dodge Ram back to my Son.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Cool pictures. Love that they are comfortable enough to just hang around and relax on their weekend. LOL. Thanks for sharing.

Thank You Mike!!
Yeah, they do a lot of "Lounging around in my yard". No Bucks yet though.
And Thanks for the like.

Bear

Your deer sure seem calm and relaxed, John.
Gary

Thank You Gary!!
It's Mrs Bear's calming voice.
The Deer were eavesdropping, when she was talking to Freddie The Fox!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Great post, I love all the pics.

Had to sacrifice my yearly deer hunt this year so its nice to get to deer watch here.
If I have any luck I may get to do some free feral pig hunting. I just gotta get some freakin time. Ben spending every weekend this month working my tail off to get a rental property ready for rent again but soon I'll have a free hunting weekend! :D

Thank You Tall !!
Good luck, when you get out there!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Nice pics! Eventually I'll have a patch of land where I can see wildlife in my yard like that.
Jim

Thank You Jim!!
It's tough to get here.
In 50 years, every extra Buck went toward our homes. We never went on a vacation. I never went farther than 200 miles from home, unless the Army paid for it. Both worked full time all or lives. Now we can relax & watch our wild pets.
LOL---Last time I was in a Plane was May 15, 1971.

Bear

Great pics, Bear. Great to see them just hanging out and not on pins and needles.

We had deer eating all wife’s flowers, so we put up a trail cam in the backyard ... NADA ever since.
Switched to the front yard where there USED to be flowers they ate ... NADA again
BUT ... the next day wife saw one right on our back patio where the trailcam USED to be ....

I think they must be very Camera-shy or in witness protection. And smarter than me for sure.

Thank You!
Yup---Mrs Bear complains mostly about her "Hostas", which are the first plants our Deer seem to go for here. I'm always hearing "Hey, Get away from my Hostas!!!"

Bear

Yup I did it too. Made a comment yesterday and didn't post it. Some great looking pics Bear.

Warren

LOL---I do that about once a week, but it's usually sitting there, waiting for me to click on "Post Reply".

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky