Prime Rib

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Today Al. The ad says boned and tied which I'm assuming means they remove the bones and then tie them back on. I would get mine whole...

I agree, I’m going to get a whole 7 bone roast still in the cryovac.
I’m going to get the Greenwise Angus.
It’s a couple of dollars more, but worth it, IMHO.
Al

Reactions: Gonna Smoke
Dang that would be a dangerous sale for me..... I think the wife would take my wallet from me.....

Thanks for the heads up. I was just at Publix in Clearwater and no sale yet.
I just looked at the ad for your store at Beckett Lake Plaza and they're running a different ad than here in South Carolina which I think is not uncommon. Sorry about that...

Reactions: Cabo
I'll be waiting to see what the Xmas specials come out at. Last years I copped three whole in the bag rib roasts, all for under five bucks a pound. Maybe $5.99lb this year, we'll see!

No Publix around here so guess I'm plain out of luck! Lol

Ryan

Our Publix sales start on Thursdays, so I just looked at the local Publix sales ad that came out today. This is in the Orlando area.
Standing rib roasts for $6.99, Greenwise Angus Certified for $8.99

I'll be running to Publix later today.

Tom

Thanks for the heads up. I was just at Publix in Clearwater and no sale yet.
Our Publix sales start on Thursdays, so I just looked at the local Publix sales ad that came out today. This is in the Orlando area.
Standing rib roasts for $6.99, Greenwise Angus Certified for $8.99

I'll be running to Publix later today.

Tom
Publix's sale runs from Wednesday thru Tuesday here and the Greenwise Angus Certified is $8.79/lb. I'm headed to town today to try and grab one or two myself and I might do like SmokinAl SmokinAl and get a whole one in the cry-o-vac...

I mostly use Costo when I'm buying big chunks of meat, but I joined the KCBS this year so I could enter one of their BBQ competitions, and a perk of membership is that you can show your card and get a day pass to Restaurant Depot stores (which are normally for businesses only, you need to prove tax-exempt status to get in).

I've only been inside a Restaurant Depot once, early in the pandemic when grocery stores were running short of things, and Restaurant Depots were overstocked due to so many restaurants being closed--so they opened up to the general public. They are a wonderland, if you cook things on a large scale. I'm curious to see how their meat prices now compare to the retail alternatives.

I think (and hope) that KCBS membership gets you a day pass each time you visit, but the wording on the website is vague. If it turns out to be a once-a-year benefit, I'll end up overstuffing the freezer.

I just left Publix with 2 - 4 bone Greenwise Angus, cut from the chuck end.
Brought them home & cut them in half. So I have 4 really nice 2 bone roasts. My receipt says I saved $147!
Pretty cool!
Al

• Love
Brought them home & cut them in half. So I have 4 really nice 2 bone roasts. My receipt says I saved $147!
Pretty cool!
Al
You're still gonna be smiling at Christmas with those savings!

Ryan

I’m going to get a whole 7 bone roast still in the cryovac.
Here you go, about 19 lbs...

thumbnail (1).jpg

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
Pretty cool!
Al

Holy Crap, Al !!!
Did you need a Gun & Mask?!?!

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky