Prime Rib & Ribeyes for the Year

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Wow! I've never seen that price here locally for Choice grade Prime Rib. I would have been going back there daily!

The cheapest I can remember is Choice grade for $5.98/lb and I stocked up. I watched this year but the prices never dropped below $6.98/lb for Select, and there was zero marbling so I passed. Choice was a dollar more per pound, but I can get nicely marbled boneless rib eyes on sale for that or less.

Alas, no Prime Rib or Cowboy steaks in my freezer this year. Maybe Easter.

Thank You Ray!!
Yup---That's the next Window around here---Easter.

Bear

If it's like a store near me, I'm guessing "Checkout coach required" means that they either disengage the thing that sets off the alarms when you walk out the door, or they just notify someone at the exit that you've already paid.

If it's like a store near me, I'm guessing "Checkout coach required" means that they either disengage the thing that sets off the alarms when you walk out the door, or they just notify someone at the exit that you've already paid.

That could be what he meant.
However This is (below) was the best deal I ever got on Ribeyes (over 10 pounds for FREE:

Why I Shop at Giant (Free Ribeyes)

Bear

Wow, Bear, I never got as good a deal as that, but my store had a limit 1 sale on rib roasts last Easter. So I got this one. Check out the weight...
20190420_162845.jpg

Wow, Bear, I never got as good a deal as that, but my store had a limit 1 sale on rib roasts last Easter. So I got this one. Check out the weight...

Wow!!--that's a Biggie!!
I could get 4 Prime Ribs @ 5 lbs each, or 20 Ribeyes, or any combination thereof, including a Mess of Dino Rib Bone to Smoke, all from that one hunk of Beauty.

Bear

HA!! I think I found it Bear...but late to the party again. Me thinks this is the one you mentioned in one of my threads that I needed to look at. Beautiful job and I really wish I'd seen this prior to dissecting that 103 Primal cut rib section. This would have certainly given me some guidance versus going into my butchery in the blind. Oh well, story of my life: a day late and a dollar short :emoji_laughing: Beautiful presentation though...I mean picture (no pun intended) perfect as always. You sir are the inspiration for how I present my threads and can only inspire to be just like you one day when I grow up....but that's not likely to happen.

Wow...just wow,
Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky