• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Prime Brisket Story

max8950

Smoke Blower
Joined Mar 21, 2013
I went to Costco today to look for meat. It was my first time in the meat department. I looked at briskets and saw they had amazing looking choice packers for $2.39 lb and prime packers for $2.69 lb. I thought prime was really hard to find and really expensive. As I looked at the meat in awe I man came by, pointed to the prime briskets and told me "you dont want to eat those, they have too much fat." I could not believe what I heard. I have been smoking for 5 years, just started to get some catering gigs and the first time I see prime brisket this guy steps in with no knowledge at all. The guy next to him told me that untrimmed spare ribs at $2.99 lb was a great deal. It must have been a off day.

Is $2.69 lb the deal of the year for prime brisket? Should I go back and buy a few more? My product has greatly improved going from select to choice. I cant wait to try this one out.

foamheart

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Apr 4, 2013
Nice striation on that packer!

Guy was probably waiting for his wife to come over and say yes/no on buying the briskets. So he was selling you on the ribs!

chef jimmyj

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined May 12, 2011
That's a great price I have yet to find anything less than mid $3 for Choice...JJ

jimpam

Smoke Blower
Joined Nov 14, 2010
I can tell you that I bought 3 of those prime briskets, have smoked 2 of them and they are fantastic.   I could not believe the price either, and am planning on going back for a few more tomorrow.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.