Prime Brisket For A Great Price

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TNJAKE

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Nov 26, 2019
Ridgetop TN🇺🇸
Howdy smokers just wanted to give a heads up to the sam's shoppers. Just picked up this prime Brisket for $2.77lb. pretty good price if you ask me so check out your local club
IMG_20210202_135319.jpg

that looks like a real nice brisket! looking forward to seein it all smoked up

Reactions: TNJAKE
If I had more room in my freezer I'd pick one up just to grind for burgers. With a wife that doesn't eat beef cuts and no company due to lockdown a brisket is just too much to smoke, I have to be happy with short ribs every now and then. RAY

Yes sir that is a great price! I don't travel east much but may have to make the 45 min drive for that !
Now smoke it up and show us how it's done

If I had more room in my freezer I'd pick one up just to grind for burgers. With a wife that doesn't eat beef cuts and no company due to lockdown a brisket is just too much to smoke, I have to be happy with short ribs every now and then. RAY
I didn't have room either. Had to empty half a freezer then play freezer tetris to make room for this brisket, 2 tri tips and a bottom round roast. I think I'm good on meat for a while

Good deal Jake. Our Sam's prices have been around that as well for a few months now. Before the holidays I got 2 Choice Briskets at Kroger for $1.77 / lb. That was the lowest I've seen in many years. Can't wait to see what you'll do with that Prime one.

I'm ashamed to admit it, but I once paid $7/pound for a brisket... It was an emergency buy for a July 4th party the next day, and I had promised Brisket. Problem was, I forgot to bring it out of the freezer and even an ice bath was 4-5 hours away from a partially good defrost.
I traded staying up all night and possibly not having brisket ready for the party for getting bent over and having something I could throw on the smoker within the hour.
I look back at that in shame... should have just got a butt or something else. Now whenever I hear or see good prices on Brisket, I go back to that moment. Sigh...
Great price though! :)

I was just at Sam's here in The Boro yesterday and noticed prices were nice for once. Got me a couple of Tri-tips to throw on the Weber for the first time this weekend.

Dave

I'm ashamed to admit it, but I once paid $7/pound for a brisket... It was an emergency buy for a July 4th party the next day, and I had promised Brisket. Problem was, I forgot to bring it out of the freezer and even an ice bath was 4-5 hours away from a partially good defrost.
I traded staying up all night and possibly not having brisket ready for the party for getting bent over and having something I could throw on the smoker within the hour.
I look back at that in shame... should have just got a butt or something else. Now whenever I hear or see good prices on Brisket, I go back to that moment. Sigh...
Great price though! :)
We've all done things we aren't proud of lol

I was just at Sam's here in The Boro yesterday and noticed prices were nice for once. Got me a couple of Tri-tips to throw on the Weber for the first time this weekend.

Dave
Glad your sam's finally started carrying tri tip. I go to the one in hendersonville and they've had tri tip for years. Picked up 2 more today. We cook alot of them

$2.77/lb for prime is as inexpensive as I've seen it, that's a great deal. My Sam's sells them for $3.28/lb all the time, but I never see them any cheaper.....

$2.77/lb for prime is as inexpensive as I've seen it, that's a great deal. My Sam's sells them for $3.28/lb all the time, but I never see them any cheaper.....
Might be worth checking your local club for the same deal I got

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky