Pressure Treated Lumber in Curing Chamber?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JpCastech

Original poster
Feb 8, 2021
I stated making a frame out of 2x2’s to put in my curing chamber but have halted construction when a buddy asked if treated lumber was safe to use in there.

Any thoughts on using pressure treated lumber from a home improvement store to build a frame and rack in my chamber?

Thanks!

I’m struggling to find a definitive answer whether kiln dried wood has any chemicals. Would a kiln dried hard wood be a safe option?

I stated making a frame out of 2x2’s to put in my curing chamber but have halted construction when a buddy asked if treated lumber was safe to use in there.

Any thoughts on using pressure treated lumber from a home improvement store to build a frame and rack in my chamber?

Thanks!
Define “curing chamber” please.
Thanks

My SIL works for Emporium Hardwood Inc. They source wood within 100 miles, mill and Kiln Dry, no additives or treatments. The Oak and Maple scrap he brings home is dense and rock hard. I dont know how well it will stand up to the high humidity of a curing cabinet long term, but I would not fear any chemical issues using it...JJ

Your wanting another rack to either hang from or lay product on?

Go to Lowes or Homepeepot. In the closet section the have metal wire shelving, coated. you can cut if needed and use their brackets (closet maid). Take out when not using

Reactions: indaswamp
Yeah, my intent is to get a more convenient and greater area to hang from. The stock shelves, even with the glass removed are not very user friendly. I hadn’t considered coated closet racks/shelves as an option. I think I’ll try that. Thanks everyone!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky