PRE - THANKSGIVING BRISKET

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Gary,

Have you ever smoked a Brisket and NOT experienced the stall? Reason I ask, I just smoked up a brisket yesterday, an 11 pounder with good marbling, and reached 205 deg. in roughly 7.5 hours with little to no stall. I had my MES 40 running consistent at 220-240 deg the entire time. I fully expected to be smoking for a good 12 hours but not even close!

I must say, I am not disappointed in the way it turned out! Used a basic pepper/kosher salt blend and achieved a great smoke ring and bark. Made burnt end today for the first time by cubing and sprinkling my rub then back in the MES for two hours at max temp with smoke....Oh My, these tender morsels were tremendously tasty.
Smoke Ring in an MES 40 ??? 

Bear

I'm with Bear on the smoke ring ?  The only way to get a smoke ring is smoking over Wood or Charcoal or rubbing your Brisket with Cure.

Never saw a smoke ring in an Electric.

And on the stall, I hate to say I don't know ?  I never use a probe (Like a Maverick) or check the temp. The only time I have done this was on a post I did. I have cooked so many Briskets I can tell by feel, touch and color.  Never worried about the stall , Still don't

Gary

Gary, thanks for the great post. I am always glad to learn from an experts trials and errors. (Not that I wouldn't have devoured 5 pounds of that error!!)

Thanks for the tip. I will stick with the low and slow at 225. Thumbs Up

Nicely done, Gary! I once smoked my brisket with the higher temperature and got the same results.......I'm back to the 225-235 degree heat range. Thanks for sharing! Looks great!

Nice job on the brisket Gary!

We all know you are the man when it comes to brisket!

Point for yet another awesome brisket, no matter what temp you smoke it at!

Al

Thanks Al

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky