Pre-Order Ruhlman and Polcyn's new book on SALUMI!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

artisanbeard

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jul 5, 2012
Mountain City, GA.
I'm sure we all have "the book". The book, of course, is Ruhlman and Polcyn's book "Charcuterie: The craft of Salting, Smoking, and Curing". Well, since I loved that book so much, while looking at Amazon today I noticed that they have another book coming out next month, available now for pre-order! 
yahoo.gif
 WOOT!!

http://amzn.com/0393068595  "Salumi: The Craft of Italian Dry Curing"...now doesn't that sound great?

I hope there is some good instructionals on Italian style butchery also...but if not that's OK. There are other places to get that info.

I hope there is some good instructionals on Italian style butchery also...but if not that's OK. There are other places to get that info.

On another forum a member and former Polcyn employee who has an advanced copy said "It looks promising with a nice balance of butchery, history, and recipes. I highly reccomend preordering this book."

We'll see!

~Martin

On another forum a member and former Polcyn employee who has an advanced copy said "It looks promising with a nice balance of butchery, history, and recipes. I highly reccomend preordering this book."
We'll see!
~Martin
Great! What forum would that be on, if I might ask? Always looking for more people to get info from.

Did you get it??? Did you get it???
~Martin
biggrin.gif
I did get it!! It looks great, just like the Charcuterie book! You will like it!

A friend of mine raises all of the Berkshire pigs for the Old Edwards Inn and Spa in Highlands, NC. and he is raising 1 or 2 pigs for me next year...I cannot wait to butcher them and cure the meat using the techniques in this book!

Now I am planning on building a new curing chamber. Currently, I have a standard household fridge with a temperature controller, humidifier, and a small fan...but I think 2-4 procuttio hams in there it will fill that sucker up (definitely not enough room for more than 2) for a year, leaving me with no more curing space. I don't have a basement or wine cellar, and don't know anyone with one nice enough to use for food curing. I'm thinking about building an insulated smoke house-type building in my backyard, possibly putting a window-unit AC in it, a fan for air movement, and the humidifier...but I don't know how it will work. What do you think?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky