Prague Powder #1

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hi Wade

Once again, thanks for your help. I think I will stick to the immersions brine method and pump the same mixture in to the meat in an attempt to shorten the time period.

I will also lower the salt percentage - what is the most common percentage - I knoiw it all boils down to taste - maybe I have a seriously salty tooth - which is not that good for me!

Next up I will try a small ham at 3% salt and 3% sugar......

I prefer to use 2% to 2.5% salt but as you say peoples tastes vary. As a rule of thumb I also use half the amount of sugar to salt. Usually the sugar is there to mask the taste of the salt however some people do like to have their meat quite sweet. Yes, try 3% and 3% and then see if you need to adjust it for the next time.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky