Power outage during dehydrate. SAVE ME!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

LouisvilleQue502

Original poster
Jan 22, 2019
Hello all,
I had a nice venison roast that I sliced and put in my dehydrator this afternoon. I keep my dehydrator on my covered back porch. The outside temp when it was out there was between 40-46 Fahrenheit. Okay... so I put it on at noon and wanted it to cook for 5.5 hours. However, my power was out from 1pm to 6pm. Is the jerky ruined and should I throw it away?

I really don’t want to get sick.

I have the Nesco dehydrator set at max temp 155. I did. It use a cure. Had over a lb of meat and eyeballed the salt, probably like 1 tablespoon. Other marinade ingredients are garlic powder and Worcestershire sauce

You said you used cure your good carry on you can put it in the fridge for the night and start again tomorrow like nothing happened and it was just a bad dream. Or you can start it now whatever you want

I concur with Sir Woods. You'll be fine...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky