Power Control Board Headache for model 20070215

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

AliveinScranton

Original poster
Mar 23, 2023
My Masterbuilt 40" smoker model 20070215 won't power up. I opened the back and found water and rust on the power control board. All other connectors and boards look good. Nobody has the power control board part no. 9907140048 anymore.

Will Masterbuilt Power Control Board pn 9907140014 (which is in stock) replace pn 9907140048 for model 20070215? It looks very similar to me.

My Masterbuilt 40" smoker model 20070215 won't power up. I opened the back and found water and rust on the power control board. All other connectors and boards look good. Nobody has the power control board part no. 9907140048 anymore.

Will Masterbuilt Power Control Board pn 9907140014 (which is in stock) replace pn 9907140048 for model 20070215? It looks very similar to me.
Do you steam food with liquids in a pan in this insulated smoker?. No liquids in insulated smokers. Some folks power wash elec smokers that rust out the junction boxes, lug contacts and everything to incomplete the circuit. Connect a power cord to the element and see if it heats. but before, If the relay clicks, then no heat, then it's the thermal switch. Get a PID from Auber. If you can get a couple elements for back up, you'll no longer need MB. You just need a door, box and element.

Reactions: LakeErieSMKR
I agree with dr K's advice. Get an Auber PID and some backup elements and you'll be good until it falls apart from rust.

Do you steam food with liquids in a pan in this insulated smoker?. No liquids in insulated smokers. Some folks power wash elec smokers that rust out the junction boxes, lug contacts and everything to incomplete the circuit. Connect a power cord to the element and see if it heats. but before, If the relay clicks, then no heat, then it's the thermal switch. Get a PID from Auber. If you can get a couple elements for back up, you'll no longer need MB. You just need a door, box and element.
Thank You for your response. I think the snow and cold weather finally got to it. I should have taken it inside or put it in on the back porch.

Thank You for your response. I think the snow and cold weather finally got to it. I should have taken it inside or put it in on the back porch.
I got a free Mes 30 on FB Marketplace after asking if the $30 smoker worked. They just said it's outside in it's cover if you want it take it. I am just 10 miles away and it was in 2020 during high pandemic crap. Relay clicked, no heat, so power cord directly to the element and heated. I cut this access in the back at the area of the thermal safety switch to access it and look at this corroded wasted, rusted junction box with the partial lug that's in the rusted box. Steaming components that ultimately condense to liquid and have no way to dry out is bad with electricity and not needed with insulated smokers. Also, do not power wash unless you want it to look like this.
20200814_112956.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky