Potato,Cheese & Onion Pierogies

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Fond memories. Our Polish Church would celebrate the Feast of St. Anthony. A carnival for the kids, Pierogi, Stuffed Cabbage and a Beer Truck, for the adults. My Mom and 2 Aunts would join a Army of Old Polish Ladies, a month out, rolling, stuffing and pinching Pierogi. All by hand and those ladies were fast!...JJ

There’s still plenty of that here! You can’t walk down the street or go into work without someone having a pierogi sale to support their local church.

Pierogies in the winter
Potato cakes in the summer

Reactions: chef jimmyj
they look great Richie, nothing like homemade pierogies.
Jim Thank you easy enough for me to make,I do use the KA for the dough,but still use the pin for rolling.Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

They look so good! I've only had homemade ones once. Quite a difference over store bought frozen ones.

They look so good! I've only had homemade ones once. Quite a difference over store bought frozen ones.
Steve we did a few more last night with a pork chop.
100_0070.JPG

I will get the recipe up later for the dough and filling.Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

We love homemade Pierogies at our house! It’s a family tradition on Christmas Eve. Wife and I make 4 dozen at a time. Yours look awesome! Great job!
Justin we have no set time to make these,we do them as needed (often) I used the sour cream recipe I like the way they come out. Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

Mighty fine and good tutorial recipe.
Don't recall if I had sour cream in the dough. Thanks for the tip.
I've never made my own. I love them but the only one in family. I look for them at events.
People get pretty creative with the filling

Mighty fine and good tutorial recipe.
Don't recall if I had sour cream in the dough. Thanks for the tip.
I've never made my own. I love them but the only one in family. I look for them at events.
People get pretty creative with the filling

There are a few more dough's that are made for desert Pierogies
The sour cream dough has been my go to for years this recipe I just put together after talking with one of my neighbors.
Richie

Reactions: Fueling Around
They look and sound great Richie.

Point for sure
Chris

I've been wanting to make these after seeing you post them awhile back . I have the dough recipe here some where . I bet those are great .
Rich I added the recipe to the original post.
Richie

Reactions: chopsaw
Those look good. Growing up north of Pittsburgh, we always had pierogies. My Grandmother would spend hours at the church a couple times a year with the other ladies and make God knows how many dozen. When she made them for us, besides potato/cheese and sauerkraut varieties, she would also make them with prunes. It might sound strange, but man those were good. I don't hear of that type at all.

Some would say your pierogie dough is a Pittsburgh style with the sour cream added in the dough. I make both with and without, but prefer the sour cream type. I have a small form that makes 6 at a time, which makes production not as bad. Also makes great ravioli too!

Those look good. Growing up north of Pittsburgh, we always had pierogies. My Grandmother would spend hours at the church a couple times a year with the other ladies and make God knows how many dozen. When she made them for us, besides potato/cheese and sauerkraut varieties, she would also make them with prunes. It might sound strange, but man those were good. I don't hear of that type at all.

Some would say your pierogie dough is a Pittsburgh style with the sour cream added in the dough. I make both with and without, but prefer the sour cream type. I have a small form that makes 6 at a time, which makes production not as bad. Also makes great ravioli too!
Thank you been using sour cream in mine for ages.My neighbor is from Poland and she makes the Prune also.
Richie

Bytor did you make the press or buy it,if you bought could you give me a link to were. Thank You
Richie

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky