Posted once but finally ready to go

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by jaye220, Jun 4, 2008.

1. jaye220

jaye220 Meat Mopper SMF Premier Member

So I'm fired up...I just got my GOSM Big Block and I'm ready to get going this weekend. Got some chips, a couple of digital thermometers and a cover for the smoker (live in Seattle...very necessary).

My question is: what other tools would make my smoking experiences more enjoyable? I've heard people mention welding gloves, meathooks, etc. but I'd love some input if you have a moment.

Thanks in advance for the replies and I look forward to showing off the goods soon.

2. dingle

dingle Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

For me the most important tool is the digital camera!!! Cuz we all love the QVIEW!!

3. richtee

richtee Smoking Guru OTBS Member

The gloves are always a good investment. A nice mop...looks like a dishwashing tool. Meat handling...well..a good sturdy set of forks. The kind you can hang 10 lbs off the end of and not have them fold. Beer... always have beer... so it follows a good cooler close to smoker. And an umbrella ;{) Speak to BBQ Bubba...he's got the fashion tips in those this year!

Enjoy!

4. teeotee

teeotee Smoking Fanatic

A comfy chair and some adult beverages and maybe a radio/cd player/mp3 player [​IMG] !!

5. cinnamonkc

cinnamonkc Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Thick BBQ gloves for when your hands are in the heat box. A pair of insulated silicone gloves for picking up the meat, ribs whatever so you're not ruining your BBQ gloves. (And they can go in the dishwasher.) A spritzer bottle, heavy duty aluminum foil, a cooler with several towels, and
    a nice pair of feetie pajamas! [​IMG]

6. pduke216

pduke216 Meat Mopper SMF Premier Member

A good sturdy set of tongs and some heavy duty foil. OH YEAH someone to help you eat your masterpeices and bring more beer.

7. All of thy above,and listening to a baseball game is my favorite. Don't forget the beer. Be sure to pace yourself![​IMG]

8. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

As some have mentioned

Heavy Duty meat pans
    Some throw away cheap meat pans
    Spritz Bottle
    Good Gloves I use welding gloves
    Heavy Duty Tongs
    Cooler for putting meat in after smoking to let it rest
    Lots of Foil
    Cellophane

Camera
    Refreshments for that long smoke in thier own cooler
    Comfy Chair in the shade

9. meowey

meowey Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Enjoy the journey! Welcome to SMF!

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

10. abelman

abelman Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

What he said [​IMG]

11. jaye220

jaye220 Meat Mopper SMF Premier Member

Wow...thanks for all of the quick, thorough replies. With Father's Day coming up, I know what to ask the wife for now.

I'll try and get some Q-views up after the weekend if possible.