Post A Picture of Your COMPLETED Mini-WSM Here ! (Mini Weber Smokey Mountain, MWSM)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
The funny thing is that now that I have all the smokers it turns out my wife really doesn't like smoked food all that much. She said it was too much at once, 4 times in 2 months. She is happy with smoked ribs a couple times a year.

Oh well she is Irish, what do you expect, they are used to corned beef and cabbage (but I will deny that if it gets back to her)

Hello, hope this is ok to post here, if not tell me where to go. Ok, where to go on the forum. Are these minis a modified smokey joe ? Just wondering cause they look like a neat little smoker. Thanks, WHB

Hello, hope this is ok to post here, if not tell me where to go. Ok, where to go on the forum. Are these minis a modified smokey joe ? Just wondering cause they look like a neat little smoker. Thanks, WHB
Yep either a smokey joe gold or silver, with a 32qt tamale pot for the smoke chamber. There are aeveral build threads in this forum.

Thanks dirtsailor and FWI, I'll check out those threads. Guess I should have thought of that before bugging ya'll. Thanks again for the info and for something else to talk the wife into. :hit: Catch ya both later, Justin

The mini is a great little smoker also when I built mine I had both a smokey Joe silver and gold and the tamale pot will fit on either one. The main difference is the vent is on the bottom on the silver so you need to make a ash "catcher" usually a tuna can with holes cut in the sides to keep the ash from blocking the vent.

It took me about an hour to build.

Well that was weird, tried to add photos from photobucket, always worked at other sites  lets try another way

Ben,

What on earth are you lifting the top grate with in your Mini Smokey Mt. Smoker...A crane?

Pretty big Eye Bolts don't you think...LOL

Nice group of smokers.  If a guy has that many smokers he must know what he is doing...Welcome to the sight.

John

Who's next?  I know Frtiz and BandCollector are working on them. Gents?

Brian

Looks Great!  Lets get it dirty! 
36.gif

B

Hey,

Nice mini looks a good build...I'm in the process of doing mine and have noticed a lot of people with great logos or teams they may support....just wondered how you are going about doing them??

Bet you can't wait to get that smoking!! :grilling_smilie:

Hey,

Nice mini looks a good build...I'm in the process of doing mine and have noticed a lot of people with great logos or teams they may support....just wondered how you are going about doing them??

Bet you can't wait to get that smoking!!
grilling_smilie.gif
What I did for the cow & pig cut-outs was use a stencil and some painters tape. I laid out slightly overlapping strips of painters tape onto a piece of cardboard, then used a stencil and an exacto knife to cut the block of tape to shape. Because the painters tape doesn't stick that well to the cardboard, I was able to get the cutout off the cardboard in one piece and transfer it to the pot before painting.

This was one of the reasons why I decided not to do a chicken...too many sharp corners that would create small pieces of tape definitely makes it harder.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky