Pork Tenderloins - quick and easy supper.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gmc2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 15, 2012
With things being so hectic at work, my friend getting T-boned by a cement mixer, and a co-worker losing both his wife and father-in-law in within a week of each other. I haven't had the time to log onto the site. However I did manage to get in one good cook on the kettle. It's fairly basic, but oh so delicious.

Start out with a quart of apple cider: Boil it down about 2/3s of the way.
DSC00988.JPG

While reducing add three pads of butter, a pinch/shake of cinnamon, and a pinch shake of nutmeg.
DSC00989.JPG

Prep the tenderloins. Sorry no picture of them rubbed down, but one was done with a garlic and herb. The other was with Tony C's creole seasoning.
DSC00990.JPG

Onto the kettle they go with a few spuds(the spuds had been on the grill for about 30 min. I'm not sure how hot the grill was, but I'm guessing around 300 to 325*.
DSC00991.JPG

At 138* taken off the grill, rested and sliced up. Ummm juicey.
DSC00992.JPG

On the platter for my wife and I to choose which slices we want.
DSC00995.JPG

My Plate minus the broccoli(took the pic before taking the broccoli). Drizzled with the apple cider reduction.
DSC00996.JPG

Simple and tasty. Thanks for taking a peak. Now to catch up on the threads I've missed.

Chris

Attachments

• DSC00993.JPG
    DSC00993.JPG
    117.6 KB · Views: 7
OMG---That freaking looks Awesome!!!
And then that "Drizzle" takes it way over the top!!
Like.

Bear

The tenderloins look mighty tasty, Chris!

Hope things wind down for you soon.

I’m thinking about smoking tenderloins tomorrow, our first nice day in a week so I want to smoke but not babysit all day since yard chores need to be done. Tenderloins are always fantastic in a pinch.

Sorry to hear about your coworkers loss.

I just picked up 10 tenderloins buy one get one free, average price was $3.89/ tenderloin. I will be trying this on at least one. Thanks for sharing

That looks fantastic . Did a reduction of beef stock today to go on pork loin .
Apple cider would be awesome . Thanks for the idea . Great cook Chris .

OMG---That freaking looks Awesome!!!
And then that "Drizzle" takes it way over the top!!
Like.

Bear

Thanks Bear for the compliment and like appreciate them. We use the drizzle on a few pork dishes. Just have to be careful with the amount of spices added.

Great looking grub as usual Chris. Nothing beats a Weber Kettle. Sorry for your co-workers wife and father in law.

Dave

Thanks Dave, couldn't agree more about the kettle - so versatile. My co-workers FIL was expected, but his wife was sudden. We still haven't heard of the COD.

Chris

The tenderloins look mighty tasty, Chris!

Hope things wind down for you soon.

I’m thinking about smoking tenderloins tomorrow, our first nice day in a week so I want to smoke but not babysit all day since yard chores need to be done. Tenderloins are always fantastic in a pinch.

Thanks Xray for the nice words and like. Tenderloins can be done up so many ways and they're so quick and easy.

Sorry to hear about your coworkers loss.

I just picked up 10 tenderloins buy one get one free, average price was $3.89/ tenderloin. I will be trying this on at least one. Thanks for sharing

Thanks JJS, give it a try. Pork and apple naturally compliment each other and the reduction just intensifies the apple flavor. One thing just don't overseason the reduction. To much cinnamon or nutmeg can overpower the sauce.

Chris

Looks great Chris.
I'm gonna have to try your sauce.

Points for sure!

Thanks John appreciate the compliment and like. With your knowledge of food and sauces. I'm sure you'll be able to take it up another notch. Let us know how it goes.

That looks fantastic . Did a reduction of beef stock today to go on pork loin .
Apple cider would be awesome . Thanks for the idea . Great cook Chris .

Thanks Chop, I've never even thought to reduce beef-stock for pork. Sounds like a winner and will have to give it a go.

Chris

Chris you hit that one out of the park,great looking dish!POINTS
Richie

Thanks Richie and thanks for the like appreciate it.

Chris

Looks real good!

Very sorry about the losses though. Thoughts and prayers go their way.

Thanks Tom for the like, concern and nice words. His wife was only 41 - too young.

Chris

Sorry for what has happened to the folks in your life Chris... that is always tough! Thoughts and prayers are with y'all!

On the other hand, that meal looks top notch... just awesome! Nice cook!

Sorry for what has happened to the folks in your life Chris... that is always tough! Thoughts and prayers are with y'all!

On the other hand, that meal looks top notch... just awesome! Nice cook!

Thanks Waterinhole, appreciate it. They say things happen in threes so hopefully this is it for a while.

Chris

@Ishi thanks for the like appreciate it

Chris

Chris that looks Great, Interesting sauce as well copied that down to try. Like for sure.
Congrats on the carousel ride

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky