Pork tenderloin?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcoop09

Original poster
Aug 31, 2010
I have a 7lb tenderloin in the fridge, have traditionally done tenderloins on the grill, but that may be because I never had a smoker until recently!  I don't see much on the site about smoking tenderloin, can any one give me some dirction on the best thing to do with this cut of meat?  Smoked or grilled?

I have a 7lb tenderloin in the fridge, have traditionally done tenderloins on the grill, but that may be because I never had a smoker until recently!  I don't see much on the site about smoking tenderloin, can any one give me some dirction on the best thing to do with this cut of meat?  Smoked or grilled?
Do you mean a loin instead of tenderloin? Either way I say smoke it till 140* internal, wrap in up for an hour and serve. Pork doesn't need to be well done these day's. A 7 pound tenderloin would be from Hogzilla.
PDT_Armataz_01_03.gif

Cut it into 3 pieces, freeze 2(unless you're cooking for a crowd). Inject the loin with apple juice coat with Pig's Worst Nightmare apple rub and cook at 280-300 until 150 internal(my preference-YMMV)

The link to the rub recipe is here-

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/forum/thread/66420/apple-rub

You should be able to find apple chips in the dried fruit section of most grocery stores. I use "Granny Smiths". When I make this rub I substitute cinnamon for the garlic powder-again my preference. Good Luck.

This may be heresy, but I've read in a few places that pork loin is not a good candidate for smoking - I guess mainly because it tends to be a pretty lean cut of meat.  It doesn't lend itself to a long slow smoke.  It just dries out.  Grilling seems to be the method of choice because it cooks quickly and is not so dependent on fat rendering.

That being said, I'm sure lots of folks will say I'm full of it...  I'm just sayin'..

I'd be happy to share the recipe for the rub - just let me know.  This being a smoking forum rather than grilling - I'd hate to offend
icon_redface.gif
...  but it is really good!!!!

I'm doing a pork loin today. I am going to fillet it open and stuff it with spinach, fetta cheese and seasonings then roll it up and tie it and throw it on the smoker. I loved smoked pork loin.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky