pork tenderloin in a kamado Pot.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lathrop

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jun 12, 2011
Port Townsend, Washington
I just got another Kamado pot a Big Green egg. The large size. it has been 15 years since I used one and it was a different "brand" . I am looking for a basic rub + cooking time and temp. for a 4# pork tenderloin. A reference would be fine or a recipe.
Thanks in advance.

Hi lathrop.

If it were me, here is what I would do:

Basic Rub: there are tons of them on the web and on this site. That said, you can't go wrong with a basic rub of salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder. Proportions are up to you and your taste, I would start with equal amounts by volume and tweak from there.

Cooking temp: Tenderloins are a very lean piece of meat. I like to cook mine at a low temperature, around 225.

Time: I cook to an internal temp of 145 while others might cook a little less. Figure about two and a half to three hours. But cook to the proper IT , not the amount of time.

Let us know how it turns out!!

I usually just use table ground pepper and Kosher salt. I also like Plowboys rub.
I smoke them usually at 275. And will pull them at 140-145 and let them rest. Then what I don't use I slice thin and vacuum seal.
Enjoy your new Kamado!!

Tenders usually come two to a package here. So I usually do one with the basic SPOG(known outcome and well received taste), and the second gets the experimental treatment. I'm starting to like a Cajun rub on them. Although if I see a different rub or spice on this forum I'll try it on the second one. No harm no foul in trying something new that way.

Chris

Thank you all. I punted on the Rub cooked cooked it at at 225 for close to 4 hours. Int. Temp was 170. I wrapped it in foil and let it sit overnight. it came out tender and juicy and very tasty. A little heavy on the hot pepper.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky